Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wtb: cold intake for 2013 coupe?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Bridgette2013 
#1 ·
Anyone have a aftermarket cold air Intake for sale?

#5 ·
CTS-v twin is correct, nothing has changed the layout of any parts from the 2009my and up.

#7 ·
I don't have a CAI but I do have a question for you. I expect that the exhaust on your 2013 is very similar to my 2011 V Coupe.

While looking over the underside of my V Coupe, I noticed that the cross section of the left exhaust pipe is quite oval, while the right is circular. That is in the area immediately behind the flange where the pipe becomes parallel to the ground. The height of the left pipe section is about 1.7 inches while the right is about 2.5 inches, the pipe diameter.

That really seems odd for a high performance system. Since the two sides are so symmetrical, I would expect the pipe dimensions to be very similar at each point. Further, I expect that symmetry was actually chosen to provide good back pressure balance over the operating range.

How does your's look? I would really appreciate hearing.

I am also interested in hearing your judgment on whatever CAI you end up with. I put one on my 5.7 liter Tundra with very noticeable improvement. I am not sure about the power, but, the throttle response was significantly improved as was the sound.

Regards,

gad

#11 ·
The exhaust has not changed in the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.