Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HELP eibach pro kit install

11K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  davbrucas 
#1 ·
I am trying to pull the front shock/spring assembly, took out the lower shock bolts, dropped the lower control arm and unplugged the top shock plug, Do all the top shock tower bolts need to come out and remove the whole upper control arm THEN use the spring compressor? Thought I read that only two of the top tower bolts hold the shock assembly in???

#4 ·
i hope you marked the suspension...it will make life 100x easier. good luck, don't, i repeat, DO NOT put the dust covers back on. you have been advised. loL
if you have break lube, it might be a good idea to grease that top rubber peice where it touches the inside plastic. i wish i had a pic, but unfortunately i do not.

#5 ·
Got it all done. WOW does that look sweet!!!!! It went together very easy once I figured out the first side. Cut the bumpstops, removed caps and NO SQUEAKS.

Rears were a breeze.

Ride is Excellent in both sport and tour mode. Handling is much sharper and crisper.

ONE BIG QUESTION!!!! When I put the first side back together the dust boot/sleeve (not the cap) where the bump stop sits in fell out of the rubber spring perch. I tried to shove it back up there best I could, It has not fallen back down YET. I was hoping it will find its place with a couple full susension jounces. Its not a big deal to take it back out and reset the dust boot (not the cap). When I did the second side I was sure to push the boot/sleeve in place before reassembly.

A MUST DO MOD!!!!! LOVE IT!

#13 ·
I just finished installing springs all the way around. There seems to be two methods to install the fronts. One is described above. I chose the easier way that does not use a spring compressor. The way I did it was to pull off the electrical connector at the top of the shock. Remove the nut under that connector. Remove the second nut under that one. Remove the 2 ABS 10 mm bolts that hold the sensor in and the wiring harness hold down on the spindle. Remove the 18 mm upper control arm nut. Remove the two 13 mm bolts that hold the bottom of the shock to the lower control arm. Simply slide the shock and spring assembly out. It is really easy this way and you do not need a spring compressor.
Reassembly is pretty straightforward. Cut your bumpstop, remove the dust cap, install the new spring, pay attention to the black washer that sets down on the shock shaft. It has a bevel that faces down. Slide the shock / spring assembly back in place. Install the two 13 mm bolts in the bottom of the shock. I used a small floor jack to push up on the bottom of the lower control arm to help install the 18 mm nut on the upper control arm ball joint. Reinstall the ABS sensor and two 10 mm bolts. Reinstall the two nuts at the top of the shock and hook up the mag ride electrical connector. You should be done.
Once you have all your tools out, the entire job shouldn't take more than 30 minutes a side.
Hope this helps others searching for a DIY Eibach spring install.
Warren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.