Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HX Coolant Tank Options?

12K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  kj217 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about a new tank to go with the Fluidyne HX I have coming (and a new pump but hoping stock pump works). Seems like the RX tank is vapor ware (pun intended) and I found some info on a large tank. Anyone have any experience with different tanks? i hear bleeding the stock HX is a PITA and this would also help that...Here is what I'm finding but not sure if/when available or any experiences. Looks really nice...

Electronics Product Record player Technology Electronic device

09+ HX Coolant tank

1.69 Gallons of extra capacity
All fittings will be included
3/4 inch NPT inlet/outlet size
Outlet has screen welded onto it so you can add ice into system
For outlet pipe we made it on the complete opposite side of entry fitting so you get complete mixing
1/4 inch NPT for drain valve
Tig welded
Made out of .100 aluminum
Biggest tank avil. on the market.

See less See more
#2 ·
I installed the Fluidyne HX, a Jabsco 29 gpm pump and the RX expansion Tank.

Here is the pump mounted:
Auto part Tire Suspension Vehicle Automotive tire

Fluidyne HX Installed:
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car

Completed:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

RX Expansion Tank:
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design

I've had some issues with the Rx tank in terms of fitment, hose connections and leaking, and am looking at other options. Have you seen this video on youtube, it looks like the same big tank as you have a shot of, just painted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVv1KM9RMZ8

Reactions: Havasusteve
#5 ·
Come by? Post up!

#8 ·
Great box for function. I strongly suggest changing out the plastic fittings with brass, thread goop and ensure the plastic lid is siliconed REAL well. Lastly, buy a $2 handle and attach it to the lid for ease of removal.

Attachments

#11 ·
Great box for function. I strongly suggest changing out the plastic fittings with brass, thread goop and ensure the plastic lid is siliconed REAL well. Lastly, buy a $2 handle and attach it to the lid for ease of removal.
Just installed mine last night, and man what a nice piece! I coupled it with the stock HX pump and a Fluidyne HX, will know Friday what kind of effects it has on my air temps

Where did you guys get that handle? Also anywhere to source the brass fittings? I was thinking about doing that but the system seems to work well with plastic ones already.

Also we just hot wired my HX pump and let it run on and off to burp the coolant system as good as we could, I'm pretty happy with saying that there is no air in the system.

#10 · (Edited)
If that's the NorCal tank guys have been having fitment issues and few had problems with leaking .
There are a few better options out there. It would be nice if these guys did due dilligence with R&D before putting their products for sale . It's all about the quick buck. Just like Keith KDI and the infamous 2.9 whipple. Nothing but problems from the beginning .

#14 ·
If that's the NorCal tank guys have been having fitment issues and few had problems with leaking .
There are a few better options out there

Give it a rest you will live longer..I took up for you when you got banned over there,but i'm starting to see they were right..Stop trying to knock a good product just because you have a personal beef with Norcal

#16 ·
I was leaking out of the bottom fitting. No matter how much tape/goop, I still seemed to leak. Same with the plastic cap. If I try and fill the reservoir up, it sloshs and some comes out.
By Putting heavy silicone, changing out to brass fittings and pipe thread, I no longer have any issues. That is just my personal experience

#20 ·
I installed mine with brass fittings, Teflon tape and thread sealer and it seems to stay dry. I've run a drain line to the lower fascia in front of the passenger front wheel to allow drainage for ice melting at the track. I used an existing hole and 5/16 fuel line and put a couple zip ties on the end so it wouldn't pull back through the hole. I plan to install a 1/8 npt bleed port in the top of the lid to allow overflow drainage and CO2 exhaust when using dry ice. I hope to get the whole HX assembly below 60 degrees in 100 degree heat.

#21 ·
I have always seemed to be fine when using teflon tape, but this bugger on the bottom wont seal! Next time I will use plumming dope I guess. PITA to drain and remove. Im already tired of it....:helpless:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.