Cadillac Owners Forum banner

GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V

31K views 110 replies 40 participants last post by  citori01 
#1 ·
GM has started selling the Brembo 2 piece rotors. this is significant because the price has come down alot from when I was buying them directly from Brembo! a pair will run $685.00 (discounted forum price) plus a little shipping. call me at 703-647-8670 M-F 730-4 Eastern to get a pair on order.

Attachments

See less See more
#74 ·
Still have some in stock, Luke? I'm out of town and the brakes are now pulsing on most, but not all use. I'll get the pad material cleaned off the rotors so that my trip home will be more pleasant, but I realize the fix is simply to get new rotors, and if I'm paying, I'm getting the 2-piece. Thanks!

PS--a public shout-out for sending that tow ring quickly. Got it just in time for my 3000 mile road trip. THANKS!

#81 ·
The 09-12 rotors are bi-alloy rotors. That is, aluminum hat rotors with iron discs.

The upgraded rotors are acutally 2 seperate pieces that are screwed together. Although they're fundamentally the same, the upgraded rotors design are more of a 'traditional' hat and rotor ''2 piece' rotor.

calling the orginal rotors 2 piece rotors isn't wrong, it just not what a 2piece rotor is typically referred to.

#85 ·
I wouldn't even bother with GMPD
1) they're not going to have it in stock
2) their C/S is crap
3) they'll over charge you for shipping(as you found out ;) )
4) They don't pay to run this place.

Luke's price is the best(or comparable to) you're going to find from a forum vendor. I've posted pictures of my new acquisitions on various forums and the local GM parts hounds haven't managed to top him.

#90 ·
Thank you! You really helped show me the line. Best best time I could manage was a 2:11.7. I had a great time and plan on being back next month. It was nice to be able to come and go on the track.

That is a good point. My plan is to have a "brake/suspension upgrade phase" this weekend. My goal is to change the lines, fluids, and pads while I put springs on. I will give the Motul 660 a try.

#92 ·
Yes. I have the two-piece rotors (and new OEM pads) all ready for install tomorrow.

I looked at the discs upon the arrival of the rotors and they have "Brembo" stamped on them. If you really want to see, I can take a few pics when I get home from work (late) tonight.

#101 ·
Thanks for getting these to me for this weekend Luke.

For those interested, I weighed both. Old came off at 23.5 pounds. New 2 piece came in at 27 pounds! Yikes. That's a lot of unsprung load. Hope its worth it. Will try it tomorrow at Gingerman. Running some new Hawk DTC60 Track pads. We'll see how it all works. Was throwing sparks last night as I was bedding them in at night. Pretty cool show! Never expected that! Also running my new D3 Competition Suspension (Springs, Bars, and Spacers). Love the look big time. Street ride is great too! Now for the track!

V2VDesigns.net

#110 ·
Does anyone have the full dimensions of these rotors?

Overall diameter: 14 & 5/8ths inch
Thickness: 1 & 3/8ths inch
Height: 2" not counting the 2 piece bolt heads. They add another 1/4".
Rotor offset from hub/wheel mounting face to face of outboard friction surface? :5/8ths of an inch NEGATIVE DROP. So the Outer friction surface of the rotor is 5/8ths more inward than the rotors outside mounting surface where the wheel mounts too. The thickness of the rotor mounting section is 3/8ths.
Thank you very much!
Sorry for delay. Just doing a full 4 wheel brake job tonight so I measured my two piece front rotors up for you. These are not caliper measurements, but they are accurate tape measure measurements (in inches). See Bold above. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.