Cadillac Owners Forum banner

GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V

31K views 110 replies 40 participants last post by  citori01 
#1 ·
GM has started selling the Brembo 2 piece rotors. this is significant because the price has come down alot from when I was buying them directly from Brembo! a pair will run $685.00 (discounted forum price) plus a little shipping. call me at 703-647-8670 M-F 730-4 Eastern to get a pair on order.

Attachments

See less See more
#34 ·
I had emailed Brembo about replacment discs for the two piece rotors. They are considered to be not replacable at all:

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your inquiry. The 2pc disc assembly you are considering is an excellent, affordable upgrade for the CTS-V.

You asked about replacement rotor rings, this is one of the few applications that we do where you will replace the entire disc assembly each time. This will include the bell, the hardware and the disc all pre-assembled and ready to install on the CTS-V. On most of our other 2pc disc assemblies and GT kits you would replace the disc and hardware. This has been taken into consideration and priced accordingly so the replacement cost of the entire disc assembly is similar to that of just the disc and hardware.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions that you have.

Best regards,

Chris

#40 ·
I guess I called after you went home for the day but I definitely need one of those sets. Seems my stock rotors got so hot they have heat cracks. I haven't seen them but that is what my dealer said, he cannot touch the price you have quoted on here either. Thanks for providing the service to V owners.

#46 ·
THANKS for the order, enjoy!!

I just called my local dealer in North Texas and they quoted me $572 per rotor. That cant be right.
that is the suggested GM list price. my forum price is $685.00 for the pair (plus a little shipping)

----------

What is the GM parts number on these? Gonna see if I can get these locally from my Service Manager friend...
sorry, we have a company policy of not giving out part #'s but any GM parts dept can find these in the catalog

#48 ·
rjoffe said:
This is why we all order from Luke :)
I don't know why these V2 guys keep trying their local dealers.

WAKE THE HELL UP YOU TURDS!

Luke will always be cheaper with the shipping included. He's supported this place, and V owners, for years. Stop being morons...

----------

hehehe

Don't take it personally, y'all just need a wake up call...

#50 ·
I don't know why these V2 guys keep trying their local dealers.

Luke will always be cheaper with the shipping included. He's supported this place, and V owners, for years. Stop being morons...

this whole forum advertising dealer thing is new to me I must admit.

There's nothing like this kind of connection with a dealer in german-world. The closest you can get is maybe through a third-party vendor's discount bracket, but even then, it's not the same as buying from luke or rippy. Not even close.

That's the only explination I can think of.
I'll second BigJim on this. Luke in the parts dept from Lindsay Cadillac will always beat your local dealer.

Luke has been providing great deals to many of us on the forum, from when we had our V1s and now with the V2s.

AND... Luke was the driving force behind several 'V' track days, sponsored by Lindsay, going back to the spring of '08 when we got to check out the V2 track mules and then mix it up with the GM engineers at Summit Point. That was before the V2 was introduced to the public, or had even set the record at Nurburgring.

Luke also arranged for Andy Pilgrim to be at subsequent V-Day events.

How cool is all that? :cool2: Luke is da man.

#49 ·

There's nothing like this kind of connection with a dealer in german-world. The closest you can get is maybe through a third-party vendor's discount bracket, but even then, it's not the same as buying from luke or rippy. Not even close.

#51 ·
M5eater said:

If Luke sets up another V Day, you must attend.

And, agreed, kudos to Rippy for being active here and helping, as well.

#52 ·
thanks for the kind words fellas. I enjoy meeting and selling to people litterally around the world thanks to the forum (just sold a LS7 clutch kit to a guy in the Netherlands) and consider a lot of the folks friends that I've had the pleasure of dealing with since the beginning (like the 3 well wishers above). by the way have 2 sets in stock........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.