Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

248K views 594 replies 116 participants last post by  Hennessey CTS 
#1 ·
Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.

See less See more
#54 ·
Congratulations to both Curtis & Jesse Bubb at Wait4Me Performance. Great times & statistics, Curtis, #1 on the list. People will want your blood now. You will have to be in the 10's as I suspect that a lot of peeps will be hot on your tail or trail, whichever comes first.

#55 ·
Gary, that position will not stand. I know GNXS had some good air today and his car was running great. He is definately a great foot! I hope to get in the 10s in October.
Also, there are alot of high horsepower cars and/or with great drivers that are yet to post.

#56 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words Curtis. The air was about 400 feet better today and my car was running great (with decent time available to cool down). If you were there today, you would have left with a pocketful of 10 second timeslips and like .2 off your best run.

I ran a whole string of 11.0's with a best of 11.005 (first run of the day). Here's the timeslips. I'm working on extracting the vids from yesterday and today.

Video:
11.005 (the clocks were unlit since this was a test run before our match race competition):
RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS ONLY:
http://home.comcast.net/~gnxs2/gnxs11005.wmv

Here's my timeslips and mods to update my time on the spreadsheet (A-B-C-D-I-K-L-X):

#59 · (Edited)
:shhh: Yea, well I wish the guys that have run deep in the 10's would submit their timeslips, mods, etc., so I can move down the list out of sight. Curtis will eclipse that next trip out and there are at least 4-5 other cars that already have documented 10 second V's.

Everything just seemed to come together yesterday....decent air, sticky track, lots of cooldown, Jesse's tune. The car makes less than 550rwhp on Jesse's dyno which has us both :hmm:

He thinks it's because I don't have heads (he says the vast majority of his customers that do a cam also do heads), I think it's the bone stock exhaust holding me back.

#62 ·
I would think that there would be more RWHp & RWTQ for you with heads more so than the exhaust, but who knows. Quite a tribute to your shoeing skills that you are quicker than Curtis with over 100 RWHP & RWTQ less than him. On the other hand, considering that was Curtis's first trip down the 1/4 and he did as well as he did is pretty phenomenal also.

#63 ·
Very great numbers Larry. You definitely know how to move very fast in a straight line. 11.0 on another bad day, is track experience and skill. This guy knows how to drive a car. If I remember correctly you were bracket racing Sunday which goes to show consistency of driver and car performance.

I'm positive Curtis is going to improve vastly. Just a little more practice. Very quick learner from not ever driving a car at the track. No doubt about it.

Can't say the same for me :hide: but I had a great time meeting both you and Curtis. Both are great guys. It's cool to meet some fellow car enthusiasts. Gotta love them V's :thumbsup:

#78 ·
It's meant for V2 Vehicles only, that's why I put it in this subsection of the site. The value is to compare different mods and their resultant effect on 1/4 mile performance. Since the V1 drivetrain is totally different, it wouldn't necessarily relate. The mod table would have to be modified for the types of mods that are more applicable to the V1 (things like centrifugal blowers, maggies, etc.)

I would prefer to have a list created specifically for V1 vehicles rather than combine the two on one list since the purpose of the list, comparing performance of various modding combos, would not apply. If the purpose was merely to compare the 1/4 mile performance of the V1 and V2, we can already do that by looking at dragtimes.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.