Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

248K views 594 replies 116 participants last post by  Hennessey CTS 
#1 ·
Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.

See less See more
#300 ·
Here is my latest with a DA of 2500 feet. My mods are A, C, D. (MT 305/35-19). Temps were decent but it was very humid with drizzle and haze so intercooler was a little overworked :)

The cool item was lining up against a CTS-V Coupe with A,B,C,E,K,L,T (as far as I good gather in the few conversations) and beat him both times. To be fair, he was new to the car and the track. With a little coaching, he got it down to 12.2. Here are those two timeslips with my best of the day highlighted in yellow).

Text Font Line Document Parallel

#301 ·
Noticed from the above posted timeslips (on page 20) by Tedboss1 and HeavyH20 that their respective 60' times of 1.87 and 1.88 sec. were achieved while running the new MT 305/35/19 drag radial tires.

Have to think that something is wrong here because some of us have achieved or bettered those 60' times with the stock PS2s ! Be curious to know what racing tire pressures were being used, whether any burnout was done, whether there was any track prep done ,etc.?

Would like to think that with these new MT tires 60' times in the 1.6 sec. range could be achieved without a lot of difficulty (unless of course these new tires aren't as good as we had hoped for. Hope not!)

Even though this new 305/35/19 MT ( 27.4") is a taller than stock( 26.9") tire and does kill a little rear gear it should really result in 60' times that are superior to what has been able to be achieved with the PS2s and/or other street tires.

#303 · (Edited)
FWIW, don't believe so.

Example: I ran a 1.798 sec. 60' in my auto ( stock except for CAI) with PS2s and definitely had wheelspin out of the hole. Those MT should hook and go (at the track ) and certainly give better 60' times than any street tire, even the PS2.

Forum members " Justkin" went 12.00 with his bone stock auto and had a 1.80 60' time and " JOEYCTS-V" ran a 1.77 60' time with his auto ( stock except for CAI) and he went 11.81. All of us were on stock PS2s.

#304 · (Edited)
The big factor is humidity, tire capability and track prep (reference: http://www.racecarbook.com/pdfs/12.pdf). I raced other CTS-V's at the track with PS2's while I had my MT's and easily beat them by .2 to .4 seconds in the 60 foot arena. Take a look at the two timeslips I submitted and the 60 foot of the other car. That was a 2011 with stock PS2's at 28 PSI with 2.2 60 foot times. The manual CTS-V was getting anywhere from 2.2 to 2.4 60 foot times. I know I was able to pull of a best of 1.95 with my Continentals with 30 PSI the previous time out.

On a properly prepped track, I suspect a 1.6 or 1.7 60 foot is attainable. With the rule of thumb (.1 on the 60 foot nets you .2 on the ET), you would see results into the 11's. I am going to a different track next week and will see if there are any differences in the 60 foot. The track prep works best in lower humidity conditions and that day out, humidity was 100%.

Here is what I had for the MT tires:

- 20 PSI
- traction control off
- into the water box in second, then burn out until they grip (lurch forward with authority)
- into auto then back to tranny sport
- launched with a little load on the tranny without supercharger kicking in (red lighted that run - bad 60 foot, as well) and then hammered the pedal - no real slip, just goes

My 60 foot times were the same as the GT500 that had MT 18 inch, as well. I know I am losing a bit on the MPH with the taller sidewall but the extra grip more than offsets. The coupe I raced should have cleaned my clock with 100 extra RWHP (he dyno'd at 580) but did not, since he would spin out of the hole, 1-2, then 2-3 as I did last time out. The MT tires helped with a 3/10 improvement over my street tires mostly due to 1-2, 2-3 slip where I did 12.6's best to 12.3's with MT tires.

#305 ·
The big factor is humidity, tire capability and track prep (reference: http://www.racecarbook.com/pdfs/12.pdf).

On a properly prepped track, I suspect a 1.6 or 1.7 60 foot is attainable. With the rule of thumb (.1 on the 60 foot nets you .2 on the ET), you would see results into the 11's. I am going to a different track next week and we see if there are any differences in the 60 foot. The track prep works best in lower humidity conditions and that day out, humidity was 100%.

Here is what I had for the MT tires:

- 20 PSI
- traction control off
- into the water box in second, then burn out until they grip (lurch forward with authority)
- into auto then back to tranny sport
- launched with a little load on the tranny without supercharger kicking in (red lighted that run - bad 60 foot, as well) and then hammered the pedal - no real slip, just goes

The MT tires helped with a 3/10 improvement over my street tires mostly due to 1-2, 2-3 slip where I did 12.6's best to 12.3's with MT tires.

Should prove very interesting to see how you do at a different track next week and with a lower humidity.

If it's not too much trouble would you be good enough to post your new results. Good luck in your quest for the 11's !

#308 ·
Here is a couple of videos of the coupe and I running at BIR. These are the two timeslips I submitted.

#312 ·
Just got back from the track. It was hot again, today, with temps in the 80's. DA for the best run was 2158 feet with a time of 12.259 @ 114.41 MPH. Still cannot get these MT tires figured out as to what works best. 19 PSI with dry or wet burnout, hammer it, walk it out, traction on or off, etc. Best I could do was a 1.893 60 foot. I took the tires off and put my streets back on (Conti DW Extreme at 28 PSI) and got a 1.876 60 foot, interestingly enough, for a 12.357 @ 113.87 MPH (DA on that run was 2624 feet). So, the MT tires are really not netting me anything. I need to figure them out.

For those with the 19 inch MT tires, what PSI are you running them at? How are you launching?

#313 ·
Hi, So great to see you guys going hard. When you do that you break things.... so you get to know your car real well! I would love to know what is the difference between a 2009 CT with 3.6 litre motor to a CTS-V.
Engine is obvious... but diff, brakes, shocks, springs, bars, steering ratio..... anything mechanically.
Sorry not sure of the right place to ask but hope someone here has the answers, thanks
(no CTS-V in New Zealand)

#314 · (Edited)
Last Saturday I went back to try my car at Napierville drag-way.
Condition were perfect:
= + 14 deg C (57 deg F), Traction was excellent. A lot of glue on the track.
After short burnout with transmission in sport and TC ON, on green light I squeezed the throttle to maintain traction.
After car grips I punch pedal to the floor and push the TC off button once.
Car felt very strong with a best time of 11.591 at 123 MPH. with 60 ft time of 1.763
This was my best run ever with my V.
My mods are A, B, C, D.
I used W4M max tune .
I dont seem to be able to post my time slip.
Can anybody help?

#315 ·
Last Saturday I went back to try my car at Napierville drag-way.
Condition were perfect:
= + 14 deg C (57 deg F), Traction was excellent. A lot of glue on the track.
After short burnout with transmission in sport and TC ON, on green light I squeezed the throttle to maintain traction.
After car grips I punch pedal to the floor and push the TC off button once.
Car felt very strong with a best time of 11.591 at 123 MPH. with 60 ft time of 1.763
This was my best run ever with my V.
My mods are A, B, C, D.
I used W4M max tune .
I dont seem to be able to post my time slip.
Can anybody help?
Upload your image to a hosting site like PhotoBucket and then link it to your post.

With an almost stock A6 V on DRs, you should be able to launch fine with TC totally off.

#317 ·
Maybe your permissions in Photobucket at set wrong. It should be setup so anyone from the public can view it. Shoot me a link and I'll try to work on it for you.

Spin off the line. That's interesting. What pressure do you run in your DRs? And what size/brand are you running?

#320 ·
Ted, what a great run! Congrats, needless to say you're more than pleased.

Do you happen to know the DA on your 11.59 run ? Was the only change from your previous best run of 11.97 @ 118 mph the W4M max tune (and a better DA) ?

How were your other runs in comparison to your 11.59 @ 123 run?
Yes I'm more than happy with my time.
I don't know what the DA was on Saturday but the temperature was 7 deg lower than the previous time.
Also the track was prepared properly (a lot of glue the whole length of the 1/4 mile).
One other difference was that I have removed my thick rubber mat on driver side.
I noticed that when gas pedal was fully depressed there was at least 1/8 of an inch of compressed rubber between floor and the pedal.
So may may be my throttle was not full open on the previous runs.
I made one other run at 11.72 at 122.99 with 60 ft time of 1.816 with TC on full time.

#328 · (Edited)
Text Font Line Screenshot Number
I used the Drag Times tool. Noon it is -144. Elevation is 204 feet for the track. If you choose 2:00 PM, the closest time ( I see 13:44 as the time), the DA is -62. Temp 62F, 30.44 inches Hg, 32% humidity.

#331 ·
Got the PMs from you guys. Sorry, my home computer is still down. Gonna load some programs on my laptop, hook up my external drive (where the CTS-V Timeslip stuff is kept....thank God) and get the list updated. Sorry for the delay, but my desktop has been dead for almost a week and it's still in warranty, so I'm resigned to working the issue at Dell's pace.

#333 · (Edited)
Hey guys - reporting back with the results from the Wait4me ported and polished supercharger snout with 2.55 pulley installed couple with Jesse's tune for the 2.55. So, with the core trade and the tune, my $800 investment yielded some very good bang for the buck returns. As a recap:

Bone stock, no tune - 12.6x @ 111 MPH
CAI, no tune - 12.4x @ 113
CAI with Jesse's tune - 12.2x @ 114 MPH
ported snout with Jesse's tune - 11.595 @ 123.87 MPH at about 600 foot DA

So, the but dyno was accurate. The car really picked up some horsepower. Mods are A,B,C,D,U.

Notes on the day - 60 foot was a struggle - mostly 1.8x. I did have some solid low 1.7x 60 foots, but that was during brackets and I got out of the throttle at the end of the runs. Getting wheelsping from 1 to 2. They do not call Rcokfalls "Slippery Rock" for nothing :)

Reactions: Tedboss1
#334 ·
Larry,

Please update my time. We are finally getting the trans to work better. Thanks to Keith at KDI for the advice! My drag radials are worn out so the sixty foot is not as good as it could be but I have a new set ready for the LSX Shootout. Also I have added a HX (from KDI) and had my blower ported. I am seriously considering headers to stock mufflers. I think the stock exhaust is holding me back some.

Take Care,
Gene

Text Font Line Black-and-white Style

#337 ·
Larry,

Please update my time. We are finally getting the trans to work better. Thanks to Keith at KDI for the advice! My drag radials are worn out so the sixty foot is not as good as it could be but I have a new set ready for the LSX Shootout. Also I have added a HX (from KDI) and had my blower ported. I am seriously considering headers to stock mufflers. I think the stock exhaust is holding me back some.

Take Care,
Gene

View attachment 81143
Nice Gene. I'll get ya updated tonight. Yea, the exhaust might be costing you some at the point you're at now. The headers into stock exhaust is very livable though. You'll like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.