Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1/4 Mile ET & Modifications List

248K views 594 replies 116 participants last post by  Hennessey CTS 
#1 ·
Based on some interest that several members have expressed, I'm going to start and maintain a list of 2009+ CTS-V's 1/4 mile stats and modifications. Hopefully I can get this stickied.

The updated list will always be in this first post (I'll update the linked .jpg offline), and will be sorted by 1/4 mile ET:

If you want to make a submission, please include the following:

1) An image of your Timeslip
2) The Density Altitude (DA). If you don't know it give me the track name, date and time of your run and I'll look it up
3) The Letter abbreviations of all the mods that were on your car for that run from the list above (if I missed any MAJOR ones, let me know).

Here's a sample:

DA - 906 Feet
Mods - A-B-C-I-L

I'll do my best to keep the list updated real-time, but at times it might take me a day or so to get your info incorporated into the list. This format always seemed to be the most popular on other sites I'm a member of.

See less See more
#379 ·
Just took delivery of my 2012 White V wagon 2 weeks ago. The local Dragstrip was closing today here in Quebec, so with only 990 miles
on the clock I decided to go and see 'what she'll do' ALL STOCK, so I dont have to second guess through the winter months how is mine
doing compared to the times I see listed here.
Bone stock, Auto. Temp was around 48*F, dont know the DA but it should be in the minus. Track was prepped.
First run on a hot engine, aired the rear tires to 29 and got a 12.26 at 114.1, with a good 1.85 60ft
Second run 12.21 at 114.3 with a better 1.81 60ft
Third and last run, I let the car cool down for one hour, lower the air in the rear tires to 27 :
To my surprise it did 12.028 at 115.66 with a 1.778 60 ft.
All I can say is this car is Fantastic, It hooked better than the guy in the modded SRT8 Charger on slicks that got beaten twice in a row by
a Stock Caddy. The only thing I forgot was that I could have had a Latte while driving down the strip !!!
Here is the slip

and the car

#383 ·
Just took delivery of my 2012 White V wagon 2 weeks ago. The local Dragstrip was closing today here in Quebec, so with only 990 miles
on the clock I decided to go and see 'what she'll do' ALL STOCK, so I dont have to second guess through the winter months how is mine
doing compared to the times I see listed here.
Bone stock, Auto. Temp was around 48*F, dont know the DA but it should be in the minus. Track was prepped.
First run on a hot engine, aired the rear tires to 29 and got a 12.26 at 114.1, with a good 1.85 60ft
Second run 12.21 at 114.3 with a better 1.81 60ft
Third and last run, I let the car cool down for one hour, lower the air in the rear tires to 27 :
To my surprise it did 12.028 at 115.66 with a 1.778 60 ft.
All I can say is this car is Fantastic, It hooked better than the guy in the modded SRT8 Charger on slicks that got beaten twice in a row by
a Stock Caddy. The only thing I forgot was that I could have had a Latte while driving down the strip !!!

Wow nearly 11's with a stock Caddy station wagon! Who would have ever believed this 5 years ago!

#392 ·
Hey Ted, I know you have the almost the same setup as me. I would be very interested in the progression path you experienced for comparison.

#398 ·
that makes me feel better oddly. I was a little fustrated at the end of the day as the track wasen't being preped so traction was an issue, and then the trans started hitting the rev-limiter in 3rd in sport mode.. --there was another V2 there with the same issue and it turned out his trans was 2quarts low-- so I'm sure mine is too.
12.002 was essentially my freak super-fast time for the day before the mentioned issues.

#403 ·
Yes, so close and to take nothing away from a truly impressive performance remember how fortunate you are to be able run at a track that has an elevation of 87 feet and where your DA was somewhere between -1090 and -1300 !

I'm sure there are other members besides myself who can only dream about an opportunity to run their V with a negative DA like you experienced.

#405 ·
Has anyone else been warned at the track for running too fast? I ran into the 11.49 or faster roll cage requirement the other time out. Had to promise not to run faster than 11.4 during time trials and 11.5 during eliminations (where it is recorded) to be allowed to race. The track owner was cool about it but apparently there were more than a few of the track regulars who were complaining the last time the dropout and I were racing. His really pushed them along running mid 10's. It seems that they did not like getting showed up by an almost stock street car. To add insult to injury, this time out, I went on to win the class. I know that bugged more than a few folks, there, but I really got the car dialed in for .02x and .01x lights with the winning run at a .009. Just curious, for those that attend NHRA sanctioned events. I may have to get to the track on a rented day to drive the times down..

#413 ·
Just wanted to share a quick snapshot of my path from stock to slightly modified over the summer.

#415 ·
I assume you are referring to DA corrected times. To that, "should" is simply an estimate. These are the actual delivered results. Some folks are privileged to be in a section of the country where the DA is at sea level. The gains are all relative and real. I could correct to DA but that would skew the results, somewhat.

As a note, the biggest change was adjusting the throttle bypass as a byproduct of removing and re-installing the snout. I personally believe this to be the one of the biggest variables in like V to V comparisons. Some run fast and some run slow. I think my best example is Tedboss1 and myself. He had much better results, stock, and very similar results modified.

Reactions: Tedboss1
#417 · (Edited)
I needed to take of the assembly to install the snout. When I put it back, I adjusted the assembly so that the backplate was just touching instead of slightly open. Many cars are bleeding off boost losing horsepower. I have seen more than few folks make the change and experience very positive gains (dyno proven).

I will post up the DA, but it goes a bit like this:

4400, 3000, 2100, 2100 (with and without DRs on same day), 1200

Now, for the correction, there is always argument about what the correction factor should be. I will post up the DA in an updated post.

#418 ·
The updated list with DA for those who wish to determine the corrected value.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.