2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Wait4me tunes and warning... Help requested in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; I hate any and all OBD2 handheld
What ECU is in the CTSV? Can they be benched flashed? Anyone know?...
I have a 2010 V2 Automatic built in March of this year. Lower Pulley, 160 T-stat, extra heat exchanger, and a 3" exhaust. After installing all of the parts last week I received three tunes from Jesse. I uploaded the stock tune, sent it to wait4me and then tried to download the Mild tune. It didn't work. After reading more of the documentation I realized that a new firmware release for the programmer was completed in March. I downloaded the new firmware (.119), installed it and I have now installed all three tunes one after the other. I don't know what the difference between the tunes is, but I assume they go from Mild to Max to Race increasing in performance. I requested that Jesse modify the shift in manual mode to shift out of whatever gear it is in at max RPM rather than shutting off the fuel. He did this for the Mild tune but not for the others. I have a call in to him to ask why? Hannah didn't know.
Mercedes shifts up when in Manual and you hit the rev limit. I like to start in
1st gear and turn the corner, get the car straight, etc and then stand on it when the car is straight. The V gets to the limit too quickly and you just can't nail the 1-2 shift. The alternative is to watch the car shift up to 3rd and then watch it have to downshift to 1st again when you nail it. Just isn't right.
Here's a long post so if somebody have exactly this issue, he will be able to do something with this post probably, otherwise, you can skip this post because it basically explain what happened/how/resolution
((All fuses in))
- Went to the track yesterday. I had tried the max tune before and was giving lots of alert so decided to go back to stock
- Decided to try another tune called "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" wich Jesse said "It's named how you wanted by the numbers" so my 3rd tune that I asked for was a track tune so I guess the "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" is the track tune so I try to load that
- 93% done, it says "Cannot install tune, turn off ignition"
- I turn off the ignition, it states "Reload Return to stock" so...
- I "Reload return to stock", car is not starting
- We pull the Onstar fuse in the trunk
- We tried 5 minutes with the positive battery connector disconnected, no luck
((Didn't knew for the BCM so had the car towed to my house. MANY THANKS to tedboss1 who took my girlfriend and a friend back home... Can't thank him enough))
- This morning, took all the 6 BCM fuses off, not working
- Took the TCM BATT fuse off... Bizarre result, instead of failing at 13-15%, it failed at 36%... Put back all the fuses, try to start, no succes... Remove again all the fuses except the TCM BATT fuse, "Return to stock" and bingo, it worked all the way through 100%
- All of this seems to have happened because all the BCM fuses were not removed BEFORE tuning the car so I would suggest that if you have a 2010, even if it was stated on various posts that it was not necessery with the new firmware, maybe the 2010 had changes in their way to communicate between the modules (?)
- Pull 6 BCM fuses
- Pull TCM BATT
- "Return to stock" - FAIL at 36% instead of 13-15%
- Put back TCM BATT
- "Return to stock"
- Worked out
Is it a combination of things that made it work, I dunno, we tried a lot of things. Now, I need to get a hold of Jesse to tell me what exactly wich tune is what and also, maybe stuffs have changed in the 2010 because as soon as I put a tune in the car, it says "Service parking brake" "Service stabilitrak" "Parking assist disabled" so as of today, tuning the 2010 seems to be different than tuning the 2009. Hopefully, I will be able to reach Jesse and get all this sorted out and I will revive this post with new answers but for now, not sure it's a good thing to tune a 2010 CTS-V as you may run in the same troubles I'm currently getting with the tunes. Great thank's to Kris at SCT and Rudy who was helping Kris, we were on the phone for a while testing a lot of things and they checked the stock tune and they were REALLY REALLY helpful.
Sorry for the long post but thank's to everyone who also helped! Nice community we have at cadillacforums.com for sure and I'll update this thread when everything is sorted out! As usual "you gotta pay to play"
its true and 100 % working , it happened with me the same and your way working
I can still say that Wait4me is fast to answer when you want to buy but not in a hurry when it's not working.
haha you too no class w4me
yeh he got me he did this to me too he was so fast in fact really fast to answer my questions in detail but after he got my money that was it he kept me hanging and wondering for months. no info or anything..
what really got me angry is i wast time writing email about my where is my stuff that i paid for and he dose not even reply back ..