Cadillac Owners Forum banner

10 minute youtube vid uploaded installing blower parts.

7K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  wait4me 
#1 ·

Just a ruff cut showing how to tear apart your car. Installing blower snout, exhaust, thermostat, cold air box ect....

#2 ·
Hey Jesse, I really appreciate the hospitality when me and Gary were there. Car is running great, definately much much faster than it was! It has more throttle response and more high end power as well. Also, for all you guys that have the wait4me exhaust that think its too loud, you're nuts! Now the car sounds like a muscle car should sound and with the windows up, you barely hear it. If you haven't had time to speak with Jesse about the tune/programmer or anything for you car really, he really knows what he is doing. Only reason I went to Indiana to get my stuff done. Thanks for posting the video and again thank you for everything man! :rockon:

Chris

#3 ·
I see you made it home! Thanks again for letting us work on your awsome ride.. It was nice meeting you guys. Too bad the Vs didnt get a trophy at the carshow.. Although, we might have hit the record for the most Vs in one car show at the same time?????? :) Post some pics!

#27 ·
Yeah I just cleaned the bugs off of my car today and something must have hit the front underneath the fog light on the way back. It tore a hole in my clear bra, but doesn't look like any damage to the car, guess that stuff works! I'll have to come back to Mentone next June for the big Egg Festival, wouldn't want to miss that! haha!

#10 ·
2 hours tops for the crank pulley swap and mods. You have to remove the radiator fans, which is no big deal, then just use a impact gun to get off the crank bolt. Then you use a CHRYSLER style balancer puller to remove the stock balancer. Then you just press the new one on and put the new bolt on, tighten it to 135lbft and then install the fans, crank pulley you choose, install the belt, then go for a rompin on the streets.

#13 ·
You and me both!

Plus, I don't want to pull everything apart and have to seal it back up.

If Jes was local to me, I would just drop the car off and have it all done as I don't want to mess with it.

I have 5K miles on mine now and I am sure my snout shaft is badly worn. What is going to happen as that snout shaft gets worn down?

SG

#14 · (Edited)
I can't imagine this being an issue for warranty (well, okay, yeah the corporate collective has their own mindset...) with that blower input shaft bushing upgrade.

There has got to be a way to get GM to authorize this so as to not void the warranty. Maybe if enough letters & phonecalls get written they will give a hallpass to this mod, I mean, crimeny, I don't want that POC OEM thing in mine when I buy it any longer than it takes to get it removed. This upgrade is an absolute no-brainer.

Perhaps GM's concern is because of opening-up the blower itself, okay FINE- I'll buy the highly superior part and I'd pay the GM shop to install it if that's what they'd require to cover it under warranty, but that OEM unit is a blower/engine failure waiting to happen. You know what they say about an ounce of prevention... this is one of those such cases, and in the long run will save GM a ton of $$ on warranty coverage issues if they remove that shaft-eating monster.

Let's start a campaign on this issue, gang. I mean it.

I mean, okay, we aren't asking them to sanction other more intrusive mods here, just this one solitary piece to save the input shaft...and the engine...

Caddy Dealers- any input here?

#18 ·
Thanks RapidRob. This is exactly why I'm suggesting an open letter to GM/Cadillac from the V owners (and perspective buyers) addressing this issue and requesting they either upgrade the piece themselves, or make concessions on the aftermkt piece that Jesse sells so as to not void the GM warranty. Either way they, IMHO, have a serious issue here that well might keep me from buying the V. I was in fleet maint for two decades and it doesn't take a doctorate to figure out how fast that sucker is going to wear and disperse metal throughout that precious motor...and then what?

If they don't accommodate this request, going to press with this issue may well get some results as well as some legal counsel. I hate to suggest this, or litigation, but there is DEFINITELY a flaw here that is not a minimal aesthetic issue; this is a major mechanical issue.

#17 ·
Then a big pry bar should work

#21 ·
It isnt that big of a deal guys. Worst case they would just have to replace your crank snout assembly.....

#25 ·
Explain this farther please?

That spring clip assembly only allows movement in a decel to accel state as i see it. Not the other way around. So, in theory, it would NOT help belt wear at all. Now, a SPRAG type isolator WOULD help belt life as it would free rev and would get rid of any if any at all of belt slip after a Fast high rpm decel. Which isnt the case in this situation. The spring is just allowing a slight "Slip" if you will on accelleration until it slowly catches back up while the pulley INPUT drive matches the Blower internal rotor. However it only has an inch of travel..... With the spring rate that is in there, it would probably only use 1/4 inch movement in any driving situation.

At idle noise is at idle noise. Getting rid of the spring loaded one removes the noise....

#26 ·
So having Jesse replace that part for me definately fixed that annoying noise. I could hear it echoing off buildings if I was in a drive through or somewhere. After seeing the wear that was already taking place, I'll take my chances with Jesse's fix. Anything happens in the future, I'll let you all know, but I'm not too worried about it.

#29 ·
I was assuming it is for decel inertia of the rotors at high rpm. All I know is GM Powertrain wouldn't put it there if it didn't have a useful durability purpose. There is always a trade off somewhere.

#30 ·
Demorgan59. The Spring loaded assembly is backwards to be used for DECEL. IT only moves on accell.

#31 ·
Ok Jessy i am going to buy one of these after hearing all this. And might as well go for the 2.55 pulley while i'm at it. BUT i will not be doing it myself after that mayhem with my 160 Stat. I have a guy you may know. Well he knows you, as he says you trained him. His name is Chuck Mosello of Corvettes of Westchester in Ossining NY. He seems like a knowledgeable builder. he speaks highly of you. I would like to work with him and you since you have the parts and he is a local builder. BTW what was the % rate of that pulley& how many Lbs boost? Would you say for the cost of that snout pullley and with the fact that that torsional damper should be replaced also, that this is a more economical install considering professional install as opposed to a DIY crank pulley job. like killing two birds you know? looking forward to your input. thanks

#34 ·
Hey Jesse, I have 5500 miles on my V and today when I was installing some stuff I noticed the marble sound. It was loud as HECK !.....Anyway , I threw on your 4in TB & the new era 4in intake. I have no tune. Will I do any type of damage w/out a tune ( I doubt just asking ) and I noticed immediatley after the install the great chorus of sounds but really poor throttle response. Is this something that the ecu will take a few cycles to adjust to or is this because i'm still on the stock tune ?

#35 ·
Not sure? The placement of the maf sensor is very important. Maybe they just have it placed wrong in the stream. So your air fuel ratios are out of whack. I havent seen one in person to test and set up for corrections...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.