Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DIY Seat Repair

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
After getting Thunderstruck back from Missouri, I noticed I had some wear on the drivers seat bolsters. I don't know if it was there before the lightning fiasco, or if it happened during repairs. Basically, the titanium seats had some of the dye worn off in the entry and exit areas. I looked around for some leather dye, and finally found a match on Amazon. The product recommended a pretreatment cleaner, so I bought some of that too.

It came in a spray can, but as the damaged area was so small, I didn't want to have to mask off the entire interior. I ended up spraying a small amount of the dye into the cap of the spray can, gave it a minute to let the propellant evaporate, and then applied it with a small foam brush. I did three coats, then cleaned the leather again with the pretreatment stuff. Final step was some leather conditioner to keep everything supple. The color match is perfect, and you can't tell I ever had any wear. Easy afternoon project...

Pictures are worth 1000, so here ya go...

Before pics of the damaged areas. Lower and upper bolster.

After cleaning and applying the dye.

Final Result after leather conditioner was applied and buffed.

And finally, couple pics of the product I used.

See less See more
#4 ·
Nicely done. Better take care of Thunderstruck.

I have a tremendous article that is from this website. If I remember I will post it up for all of us to read. I think it was from the 'Slade side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.