Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Floor Jack - Harbor Freight 1.5 Ton Cheapy ~$58 OR Advance Auto Parts 2.5 Ton ~$79

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
If you want the Harbor Freight 1.5 TON cheapie they're down to $57.99 this week so good time to pick one up. Free shipping with $75 purchase. They have the 2 ton unit for $129, but I found a better deal at Advance Auto Parts.

1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

Advance Auto Parts has their 2.5 Ton floor jack on sale for $109.99. Similar in construction to the 2 ton HF unit. The AAP website lists it at ~31lbs., but it's closer to 50lbs. like the HF jack. It fits under my lowered coupe with no issues so this is my new track jack. Here's the way to get this jack for $79.

AutoCraft 2.5T Alum/Steel Jack 941PV/941PV: Advance Auto Parts

1) Make sure you join Advance Auto Parts Speedperks. You get $5 coupon for every $30 spent and $20 for every $100.
2) Link through Befrugal for 10.3% rebate
3) AAP will send you a coupon for $20 off your next $40 purchase. You can double dip with their other coupon codes.

$109.99
- $11.33 Befrugal
-$20.00 Speedperks coupon
$78.66 NET

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know how they make money. I keep getting $40 off coupons of purchases of $80 or more.

I replaced a caliper on my TC for $65 with $15 core. I'm going to replace them all. Still have my "AC Delco" jack that is the 1.5T listed on top. Does fine.

#4 ·
Agree that the HF leaves a lot to be desired. My 1.5 is 6 years old and still going strong though. The AAP looks to be similar in build quality to the Arcan unit from Costco. Both have a 1 yr warranty. The AAP unit is $20 cheaper though.

#6 ·
I have four of the HF cheapies. They form my "lift" for tire and brake work (quickie tire rotations for the cars that get rotations), and since I am too cheap to buy RaceRamps for the Z06, two of them get used for raising the front of the Z06 for oil changes and other stuff (yes, Martha, with appropriate jackstands for safety).HF stuff is cheap but for home use a lot of their stuff is just fine. I have a HF table saw that has cut everything that I have needed or wanted cut for the past 10 years.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.