Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New supercharger issues

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  vfaninva 
#1 ·
I am going to be getting a new supercharger next week -- per the "rattle" special attention notice. GM is covering it, since they deem I have the "rattle" -- so that's good I suppose. --- I was just wondering if anybody who has had this done has had any problems with the process or with the new supercharger? -- and will I notice any difference in how it performs/drives, etc? -- Thanks

#2 ·
No change unless your blower was worn out. You might hear a different noise. Some do some don't. I believe the spring isolator was designed to reduce gear whine so you might hear some of that. I noticed no noise differences other than the lack of the marbles in the blower sound. But my car is also a lot louder than stock.

#3 ·
thanks -- I really don't have any issues with it as it is -- no noises when driving -- just some occasional rattles and such at idle or when parked. I guess they heard the noise they wanted to hear, and doing the replacement as a precaution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.