How much gas do you use? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How much gas do you use? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Originally Posted by 1stCadillac@72 I split the DD duties between the V (coupe, MN6) and a 328 GTB Ferrari ('88)..... ...
    ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS

Re: How much gas do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stCadillac@72 View Post
    I split the DD duties between the V (coupe, MN6) and a 328 GTB Ferrari ('88)..... they get about the same gas mileage 19 on the road, 12-16 in town. They have the same size gas tanks. I spend around $500 per month on gas - I'm retired, drive a lot. When I back out in the morning - either car - I have a grin on my face that I wear all day.
    Sorry for this off-topic comment, but can you post pictures of your Ferrari? And please tell me it is rosso rorsa red! I loved those red Ferraris of '80s!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy
    My coupe barely carries my gym bag back there. And I'm ok with that. :-)
    Right there with you!

Although I have been able to carry my teenage son's hockey gear in my coupe, and he's a goalie.

THMorrill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon. '08 Silver CTS w/ DI & FE2
    Well I usually get around 13.4 to 14.1 and fill up once a week unless I find lots of excuses to go out...but I've come to realize I get the same as my F150 Super Crew w/ EcoBoost V6 that is 4x4 and I have an extra 275lbs of cap over the bed. What I don't get is the 36 gallon tank! *sigh* Mind you, my truck will never be as fun to drive as my Vagon!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

brent38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    My Voupe gets better mileage than my daily driver Avalanche, city and highway.

XFactor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by THMorrill View Post
    Well I usually get around 13.4 to 14.1 and fill up once a week unless I find lots of excuses to go out...but I've come to realize I get the same as my F150 Super Crew w/ EcoBoost V6 that is 4x4 and I have an extra 275lbs of cap over the bed. What I don't get is the 36 gallon tank! *sigh* Mind you, my truck will never be as fun to drive as my Vagon!
    I just bought a 2014 Raptor with a Roush Supercharger. I thought the V was bad on gas. The truck is way worse. I'm lucky to get 10mpg if i drive conservative. The V gets approx 14 between city and hwy. It is a kick to drive. I'm far left of the tree hugers here in California driving their Prius down the carpool lanes.

THMorrill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon. '08 Silver CTS w/ DI & FE2
    Quote Originally Posted by XFactor
    I just bought a 2014 Raptor with a Roush Supercharger. I thought the V was bad on gas. The truck is way worse. I'm lucky to get 10mpg if i drive conservative. The V gets approx 14 between city and hwy. It is a kick to drive. I'm far left of the tree hugers here in California driving their Prius down the carpool lanes.
    I've come to think of my Vagon as the anti-Prius and really can't wait to fire it up every morning!

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I go 60 miles a day and average 13-15 mpg. Everyday I figure $17 for gas. I've been sick working from home for a week so it's like a bonus.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Quote Originally Posted by THMorrill View Post
    I've come to think of my Vagon as the anti-Prius and really can't wait to fire it up every morning!
    +1 Even though it gets the same mileage as my dually diesel, it is much smaller and offers less utility for what it burns.

bald2718281828 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): no caddy yet. (is it still cool to call them Caddys btw?)

Just for reference purposes, what does a V series get for mpg if hypermiled at optimal speeds on suburban roads, state highways, highways? A whole tank of hypermiling, without needing a tip of the throttle to get out of the way of a rampaging SUV driver.
    Maybe nobody ever had the fortitude to hypermile a V series, sort of like 'how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop' ?

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Prev; '09 V sedan, '13 V coupe, '16 C7 Z51. Cur; '12 C63 AMG coupe. Next; '16/'17 V3
    Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828 View Post
    Maybe nobody ever had the fortitude to hypermile a V series, sort of like 'how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop' ?
    ^^^ This. Speaking strictly for myself, no way!

captain slow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by bald2718281828 View Post
    Just for reference purposes, what does a V series get for mpg if hypermiled at optimal speeds on suburban roads, state highways, highways? A whole tank of hypermiling, without needing a tip of the throttle to get out of the way of a rampaging SUV driver.
    I have gotten 22-23 mpg on the highway going 50-55 mph over 20 miles.

dmax/04v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): A VEEE

Quote Originally Posted by captain slow View Post
    I have gotten 22-23 mpg on the highway going 50-55 mph over 20 miles.
    What are you some sort of saint?

Trevorlj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V Coupe

I wouldn't call it Hypermiling but my best with my Auto Coupe is 19.7 mpg over 281 miles. Had a significant tail wind pretty much the whole time & zero traffic. Average speed was like 76-77 mph for the trip.

Real gas mileage is like 12.7 around town, 15.4 mixed/average, and 18-19 highway at 9 mph over the speed limit.

anxiouz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan A6, Airaid, Borla

I started tracking mine about a month ago. 13.9 mpg is my average with mixed driving. Hwy speeds between 75-80mph.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/anxiouz/cts

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^
    Glad to see I'm not the only one using Fuelly. Your driving situation seems a lot like mine, only less icy. I think up up to 89 fillups since purchase now.

I track mileage on Fuelly to keep track of costs, and the other interesting statistics are an interesting byproduct.

BTW, who would hypermile a V? I shudder at the thought.

17. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.