2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear End Noise & 40 mph Shutter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Hi! Does anyone have any knowledge of the above subject issues?? I have a 2009 CTS V w/ 14000 miles, ...
- 11-20-13 07:33 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
Rear End Noise & 40 mph Shutter
Does anyone have any knowledge of the above subject issues??
I have a 2009 CTS V w/ 14000 miles, the rear end is pretty loud only under a load & the transmission seems to have a couple problems.
1) When driving around 40 mph the car jerks fore/aft, it seems / feels like the torque converter is locking up or confused at that speed?
2) When driving on the expressway. If I move to pass someone & the transmission downshifts, it seems to hang up or stay in 5th gear for a lot longer then it should, this is happening after my foot is off the gas??
Any past history would be a big help!
- 11-20-13 09:43 AM #2
Re: Rear End Noise & 40 mph Shutter
Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I apologize for the vehicle concerns you are experiencing. If you are willing to bring your vehicle into a local Cadillac dealer for a diagnosis, please let me know. Send me a private message or email to email@example.com that includes your full contact information and VIN. I look forward to hearing from you.
Cadillac Customer Care
- 11-20-13 11:33 AM #3
The rear diff carriers are being replaced under warranty left and right for humming or groaning around 40 MPH. Are you under any warranty coverage? Caddy dealers are well aware of this issue.
- 11-20-13 01:26 PM #4Originally Posted by Trapspeed
I just picked it up from the Cadillac dealer, The Service manager said that's a common "supercharger noise".
I agreed w/ him that the supercharger does make noise but not from the back of the car...
I'm already tired of dealing w/ the dealer, waist of my time.
- 11-20-13 01:36 PM #5
I can't stomach time...
- 11-20-13 01:47 PM #6Originally Posted by 556funOriginally Posted by thebigjimsho
- 11-20-13 03:31 PM #7
- 11-20-13 04:51 PM #8Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
I sent an email to the below address, I'm not sure how to send a private email?
- 11-21-13 10:56 AM #9