Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Locked in the car?

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Club Malibu 
#1 ·
I was cleaning the inside of the windshield and I exited the drivers side and went to the passengers side, got in and cleaned that side. I tried to open the door to get back out and nothing I did would unlock the door. I had the fob in my pocket. The only thing I could think to do was remote start the car. Once it started the unlock button on the door worked.
Has anyone else had this happen?

#2 ·
This sounds like a blond joke.

#17 ·
I don't know about the Caddy but that occurs in some of the BMW convertibles. A gal I know locked her drunk friend in the car one night to go into some guy's house. The next morning when the drunk fall tried to get out of the car she could not get out. She didn't know where she was at or what street she was on so her friends could not help out. So she saw a for sale sign in a yard and called the number to find out where she was. The real estate company thought it was some kind of joke at first but finally were able to figure out which house it was for sale, thus locating the car. They called the police who also sent the fire truck and ambulance. Quite a story but true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.