Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website

25K views 229 replies 45 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
I'm happy with my 2013 CTS-V but not very happy with General Motors. There presently is no 6.2 liter v8 for 2014 so why did they post it on their website and make it look like you can buy the high output V8. Why would they even call the 2014 a V when its nothing close to previous editions. They cheapen the brand and they cheapen themselves by doing this. No wonder the Germans are always considered as above them in quality and everything else. No class and plain stupid.
http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-luxury-sedan.html

#4 ·
Sorry OP, but spearfish is correct. The 2014 CTS-V is a continuation of the second generation CTS-V. The builds are winding down as the new third generation CTS production starts. The third generation CTS-V has not been announced yet. You can ALSO buy a CTS-V Sport with the twin turbo V6.

In short, you can buy BOTH a 556 hp V8 AND a TTV6 for 2014.

Confusing? For noobies, yes.

For those who want a brand new 2G CTS-V, your time is running out.

#5 ·
I'm happy with my 2013 CTS-V but not very happy with General Motors. There presently is no 6.2 liter v8 for 2014 so why did they post it on their website and make it look like you can buy the high output V8. Why would they even call the 2014 a V when its nothing close to previous editions. They cheapen the brand and they cheapen themselves by doing this. No wonder the Germans are always considered as above them in quality and everything else. No class and plain stupid.
http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-luxury-sedan.html
I'm quoting this so you can't come back and edit later. No class and stupid? Wonder who that applies to??

----------

No that is not true. There is no 2014 v8. The factory does not make a V8. Its a v6 turbo.
hahaha

#13 ·
I had to explain the Gen 2/gen 3 thing last week to a friend of mine who is not a V guy but who has an MBA. He had trouble understanding the financial aspects of keeping the Gen 2 alive for the low volume V, but he understood the concept of the "halo" or branding benefits of having a V series (not a diluted Vsport) available. Especially in view of the fact that the Gen 2 is.....awesome. I'm sure that the Gen 3 will be awesome, too, but the differences between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 CTS are much more subtle (IMO) than between the Gen 1 and Gen 2.

#17 ·
^^^^^^
A 2014 CTS VSport 3.6TT starts at $60k and the top-of-the-line Premium is $70k. The upper limit is more than a base 2014 CTS-V, and the same as a V with a few options. By all accounts the VSport is an excellent car, but by no means is it a CTS-V.

#22 ·
I just confirmed it. The 556 HP V is only in the wagon and the sedan. The 2014 V6 turbo sedan is called a V. So I say again, why be so stupid as to call it a V when its a watered down less powerful car. Its not a V so why tarnish the image of the V. In a couple of years anyone who sees a V will mostly think it's a slow V6. Not even close to the same league as a BMW or a Mercsedez. The Germas still do it better. They don't discontinue cars, if you have the money you can get a high horsepower package. I say again, north american companies are sometimes mickey mouse

#23 ·
OMG... :banghead: Please read here before ever posting again. We all know that they also make a V that's a 6 turbo. But it's not called a V. Its called a Vsport. Just like BMW makes an M as well as an Msport. They are still making a V for 2014 with the old body style and the V8. Come on man, stop hanging your pitches over the plate. You're really looking bad here... Somebody make the call to the bullpen and save this guy...

#24 ·
Let's analyze the 15th post. The TTV6 car is called the V-Sport, not the V we know. Like it or hate it, that's what it is. Personally, I don't like GM watering down the V moniker either so I'm with you there but let's not forget that if I recall there are some watered down Germans, too. Hell, even Lexus has watered the F line now. Watering down the name, I'll give you that. I don't like it but it is what it is.

Edit: Taken beat me to it. Sadly, Mo is retired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.