Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Questions about my new CTS-V

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  nynd 
#1 ·
I recently got a 2013 V Sedan and I am having a few minor issues. For one I can not get my iPhone 5 to sync with the car (Bluetooth works for phone calls but no iTunes), also there is a slight rattle at the back of the sunroof that I can not locate the cause of, lastly the first time I got it above 120, I slowed down and the vehicle cut off. The dealership said I more than likely applied the brake too hard at the high speed and it caused the vehicle to turn off, this just does not sound right to me. Does anyone have any experience with any of these issues? I would greatly appreciate any advice.

#2 ·
Bluetooth for audio will not work because there is no Bluetooth in these vehicles, the Bluetooth is just for phone calls, you will need to get an adapter for your Iphone 5 and plug it in to the connector supplied in the center console compartment. Rattles, ya, these cars tend to have a lot of them, just keep taking it back and forth to the dealer until they fix it, may take 5 or 6 tries. How many miles are on your car? You should not be driving it at that those high speeds for at least the first 1 or 2 k miles. The rear diff's like to be broken in easily. But by cutoff, so the car just stalled and you had to pull over and restart it? Than ain't normal, sounds like you have another issue the dealer needs to address.

#3 ·
Hey thanks, thats more info than the dealership gave me on the Bluetooth. I have about 2500 miles on it now, probably around 1800 when I got it to 120. After reaching the high speed, I slowed down quickly (not locking the breaks so to say, but quickly), as I went to turn around, the engine and all electronics cut off. It restarted without hesitation, no check engine lights or any other issues since. The dealership said since there was no check engine light then it would not register any problems on the diagnostic check. They gave a vague description of, I slowed down too fast and it was common for the first time this car was brought up to the high speed for the "chip" to not be able to keep up with how fast I decelerated, and said I should let it coast for a few before I hit the brake next time. Thanks again for the response.

#4 ·
That slowing down comment is horse shhite. I've had mine up to over 190. Braked hard and have had no issues. I also have a sun roof and there is not one rattle in my car. It now has over 20, 000 miles and is surprisingly stable at 180. I didn't spend much time at 190 to take notes.

#11 ·
+2 find a new dealer. That one is absolutely BS-ing you. The rattle is a dealer repair thing, the shut off after 120 is completely wrong and should not happen, although I agree that you should break it in first before pushing the car. As for the iTunes, my car same with a cable in a little plastic bag to plug that thing into a port in the center console compartment. Should be in the car somewhere.

The car is nice, and mine has not been prone to problems. Have fun with it!

#7 ·
Hello dtfloyd82,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your recent purchase of a 2013 V Sedan! I am sorry you are experiencing issues. I see other forum members have been able to offer insightful information in regards to some of your questions. I am sorry you have a rattle with your sunroof also. If you would like a second opinion from another dealer, I am more than happy to locate one for you. I would need your zip code to do this. I can be contacted via private message so we can further discuss your situation. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#10 ·
Probably shouldn't be posting about driving 120mph

Some people have had problems with the iphone 5, and aftermarket link cables. Make sure you use the GM cable. The phone will sync bluetooth for making calls, not for streaming. To do that you need a little adapter for the AUX input off AMAZON, they are $30 and work quite well. Personally I think downloading into the harddrive is quite great, and sounds 10x better.

The car cutting out isn't normal. Have a dealer check for codes.

#13 ·
You could have a faulty fuel cut off switch (usually located near the lower passenger foot well). Coming to a quick stop should never cause the car to shut off. A competent dealer needs to look into this and see what triggered it. Also, make sure you weren't on empty (as slosh tank only holds so much fuel).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.