2014 Engine Confusion - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Engine Confusion in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Cadillac already has the 2014 CTS V ordering page up. It seems to work... http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-sport-...-zipcode=07440...
    LeeH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Re: 2014 Engine Confusion

Cadillac already has the 2014 CTS V ordering page up. It seems to work...
    http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-sport-...-zipcode=07440

montgb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by skilltel View Post
    This seems like a horrible marketing decision and creating frustration among customers... I have been on hold for the last 6 months on a new vehicle purchase in wait of the new body style CTS-V. Even my dealer representative was not aware of there being a difference between the "CTS-V" and the "V-Sport" and was under the assumption that the CTS-V would share the new design... why have a naming convention that causes this unnecessary confusion? Why does it make sense for the standard CTS and V-Sport (souped up V-6 model) to wear the new design (which looks great) but not have a CTS-V introduced at the same time with the new body style? Who will buy the 2014 CTS-V (old body style) with anticipation that a new body style is imminent, and the CTS V-Sport on the street that is visually more impressive despite a lack in horsepower? I am now in a holding pattern as a result as I was intending to purchase an new body style as an upgrade to my 2009 CTS-V... I cannot wait another year, unfortunately I may have to go M5 shopping...Frustrated to say the least.
    This is fairly standard practice, although I agree that it is frustrating. IIRC the current gen M3 was introduced after the 3-series had been available for some time. Cadillac is smart to introduce a "tweener" vehicle like the Vsport - the power specs (and fuel economy of a twin turbo) will enable it to compete nicely in the entry-lux class. As a CTS-V owner, I roll my eyes at the badging, but with all the F-sports, IPLs, SS models, S-types, etc, it makes sense.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by skilltel
    This seems like a horrible marketing decision and creating frustration among customers... I have been on hold for the last 6 months on a new vehicle purchase in wait of the new body style CTS-V. Even my dealer representative was not aware of there being a difference between the "CTS-V" and the "V-Sport" and was under the assumption that the CTS-V would share the new design... why have a naming convention that causes this unnecessary confusion? Why does it make sense for the standard CTS and V-Sport (souped up V-6 model) to wear the new design (which looks great) but not have a CTS-V introduced at the same time with the new body style? Who will buy the 2014 CTS-V (old body style) with anticipation that a new body style is imminent, and the CTS V-Sport on the street that is visually more impressive despite a lack in horsepower? I am now in a holding pattern as a result as I was intending to purchase an new body style as an upgrade to my 2009 CTS-V... I cannot wait another year, unfortunately I may have to go M5 shopping...Frustrated to say the least.
    I'm in the same boat with my 2009. Fortunately, it has been a great car and continues to amaze me. We probably won't be able to purchase a V3 for 1.5-2 years, so I'm waiting to see how the ATS-V turns out. If it has a 6 cyl. engine, I will look at a C7 or maybe a Chevy SS, if offers a higher performance V8 and the TR6070 at the time.

Jud

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by skilltel View Post
    They sold a '14 V because there was demand. They never release a V version until the new model has a year on the market.

End of story. You've had a V. If you came here for info and not a money grabbing salesman, you'd have no problems...

stuckbehindaprius is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This seems like a horrible marketing decision and creating frustration among customers... I have been on hold for the last 6 months on a new vehicle purchase in wait of the new body style CTS-V. Even my dealer representative was not aware of there being a difference between the "CTS-V" and the "V-Sport" and was under the assumption that the CTS-V would share the new design... why have a naming convention that causes this unnecessary confusion?
    Cadillac is the latest on the bandwagon:

BMW does it with M trim cars, Lexus now has F Sport cars, Audi has S Sport cars (basically every A7 I see has "s sport" wheels and badging, etc etc.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.