Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rear bumper, poor fit

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  umizoomi 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone else notice that the rear bumper on their V-wagon sticks out on the sides? Both sides of my rear bumper, where it comes to a point under the tail light, poke out a bit. It's flexible urethane, so I can push on it and it flexes into normal position. But its resting state is sticking out 1/4". Sigh.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hi all,

I apologize for the rear bumper sticking out on the sides. I understand how this can be annoying for everyone and I am sorry for those who went to the dealer and are choosing to live with it. If anyone has concerns or issues they would like to further discuss, please private message me!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#14 ·
Yeah, my rear bumper doesn't quite align with the quarterpanels either. It's basically flush at the lower end and protrudes slightly at the upper end, a little more on one side than the other.

I don't know that GM has ever gotten good alignment on any car in this area. It's probably an old-GM thing.

#16 ·
Mine is that way on the passenger side right behind the rear wheel.. I have simply ignored it as it doesn't affect function,

#19 ·
Yeah, I'll post this here just as a data-point if Caddy is paying attention. Add mine to the list of those with rear bumper askew. Basically, my view on this stuff is if it's neither performance nor safety oriented, I ignore it. Shouldn't have to, but I do. Did the same on my Audi S8 (which I sold for the V-wagon with NO regrets). It's amazing how we all choose to just look the other way on fit and finish issues and the other deficiencies of the V because (for most of us, at least) it does what it was designed to do brilliantly.

P.S. One thing i didn't ignore was when my shifter rod snapped - both performance AND safety oriented ;-)

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Family car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.