6M V at Hertz
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Moneypenny
  • 1 Post By dennych
  • 2 Post By dennych
  • 1 Post By MoistCabbage
  • 1 Post By jsherid1
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 6M V at Hertz in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; I arrived EWR last night and went to the Hertz garage to pick up my rental. What did I see ...
    Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

6M V at Hertz

I arrived EWR last night and went to the Hertz garage to pick up my rental. What did I see but a few stalls away from my lowly reserved Altima but a V sedan with a stick shift! I immediately went back inside to inquire about renting it, but it was reserved for someone else. Drat! Anyhoo, I didn't even know Hertz had any of these. So, if your travel plans have you renting a car at Newark, now you know where to look first. :-)

Tedboss1 and Club Malibu like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 6M V at Hertz

Hertz has a high performance car rental brand which is what it was probably for. Forgot the name
    M5eater likes this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I work for Avis/ Budget, but I wish I worked for Hertz.

Avis has it's semi-hot wheels brand, but it's still just a bunch of convertible mustangs and camaros.

Hertz has the balls to rent you a V, a Shelby or something with actual substance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Club Malibu and Moneypenny like this.

yaymitch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon

I rented a convertible mustang from hertz recently and it was nothing special (v6) but it had a speed limiter on the car of 80MPH so the car would not go any faster than 80. I am wondering if Hertz does this for all of their high end sports car rentals. And this was just a V6.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
    If I rented an SLS, and could only do 80, I'd drive it into the front desk...
    dennych likes this.

jsherid1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4

This is the Hertz write up of the CTS-V

In the CTS-V, Cadillac has created a refined luxury sedan with a heart of brutality. A supercharged V8, Recaro sport seats, a Brembo brakes package, and a limited-slip differential put this car in the company of the world’s most aggressive performance machines.

Heart of Brutality indeed!
    Moneypenny likes this.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Pretty cool. Looks like very limited locations though they rent these sort of cars. I noticed you can Rent a Mercedes E63AMG for 300 bucks a day but only around Miami Florida and Ft. Lauderdale, that's it. Might be interesting for somebody though wanting to compare the V to the Merc to try it out if they were gonna be in Fla anyhow. I notice they rent the V in NYC, Florida certain locations, again very limited locations, but it's $169 per day, lot's less than the Merc. You can even rent Ferarris and Aston Martins.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    If I rented an SLS, and could only do 80, I'd drive it into the front desk...
    Not at all. I would limit them to 60 mph if I were renting them. I can only speculate that they probaly don't even offer the same kind of 0$ deductible damage waiver or $2 million liability polcies for these vehicles like they do their more pedestrian offerings.

I can't possibly imagine the claim payouts on a possibly neg. entrust claim with some idiot in an SLS doing 160 carrying 2million worth of coverage and then getting out scott free writing off a $200K Sports car and seriously injuring any number of people all in a $1K rental.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.