Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New 2012

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
For the people who recently bought a 2012 cts-v (new) when they are now producing 2013/2014 V's what price did you pay?

I found a few available for sale and just want to know if I am getting a good deal

#3 · (Edited)
I just picked up a new 2013 V Coupe fully loaded with an MSRP of $74,090.00 for $66K and change plus $4K in additional rebates with a net cost to me of around $62K and change.

A deal I couldn't walk away from. It was $4K more of an MSRP over the 2011 V Coupe I used to have and my lease payment is now $130.00 less per month than what I was paying before!

Get your 2013 Vs while they are priced this aggressively!

#4 ·
GM-4-LIFE said:
I just picked up a new 2013 V Coupe fully loaded with an MSRP of $74,090.00 for $66K and change plus $4K in additional rebates with a net cost to me of around $62K and change.

A deal I couldn't walk away from. It was $4K more of an MSRP over the 2011 V Coupe I used to have and my lease payment is now $130.00 less per month than what I was paying before!

I've always found that this is the best time of year to get a new car. Luckily for us, most V's come fully loaded so the only real choice is color. I got my 12 last year brand new for 12k off MSRP with GM supplier discount and all the rebates. My fear is that the V3 is going too far upmarket for some. I really think it will be at least 82k. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

#5 ·
I feel that there will never be a Cadillac as dramatic and as aggressive looking as the V Coupe. I am pretty sure there won't be a V3 Coupe. The 3rd gen CTS-V is most likely going to be in Sedan form only. With that being said, I am super happy with my V Coupe and may keep this one for a long time, once I see what the future of the V-Series holds.

#6 ·
GM-4-LIFE said:

Im Houston....Maybe for coupes, but for Sedans - not so much. Fully loaded V, black diamond, Racaro seats, steering wheel, . Wheels, premium Maintenance 4 year plan.... You'll be lucky to get one anywhere near that.

----------

Not a Coupe. But in Houston, a 2013 Black Diamond V Sedan- Fully loaded Racaro seats, steering wheel, audio package, tint, lo-jack, everything you can get on it. MSRP $76,590. Get one for close to $71k. They don't move much.

#7 ·
It's all in the art of negotiation. I inquired with a bunch of dealers out here in So Cal until I got a few of them to the pricing I was willing to pay. It all came down to which dealer had the car or could get the car of my choice. All in all, my lease payment is very low for how much the car costs.

#8 ·
I've been looking at listings daily since October, so I've seen prices fall over the winter and climb again. There are lots of great deals out there if you're willing to wait, and with the 14s hitting the streets and all the churn about the V3, there are some new 12s I've seen going for under $54. But there are also plenty of very low mile used cars available as well. The range of prices both new and used is amazing, with folks still trying to sell new or low mileage 12s in the mid-upper $60s and 11s for close to $60k.

Here's a smokin' deal on a 2013 w/recaros for $61,468.00! If I wasn't set on getting a black one, this would be hard to pass up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013...3462945?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19dee0e4a1

Non-recaro 2013 for $60,877.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SALE...8754528?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a8292afe0

new 2012 w/recaros for $53,899

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=1

a "used" (127 miles) 2013 for $60k

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0000&listingId=347023322&listingIndex=6&Log=0

#11 ·
What cracks me up is when sometimes a dealer has a V that a manager or the dealer owner drove for 5000 miles and trying to sell as "New" since it's never been titled

So which so cal dealers are offering the best deals? I know of only one in south bay that still has a handful of 12's and not in much of a hurry to deal, and one in Thousand Oaks same thing

#12 ·
What cracks me up is when sometimes a dealer has a V that a manager or the dealer owner drove for 5000 miles and trying to sell as "New" since it's never been titled
True..when I was trying to get pics of a V I was looking at, which still had the "pictures coming soon" photo on the listing, the salesman told me they hadn't gotten pics of it yet and the owner had taken it for the 4th weekend and wouldn't have it back until next week.

#13 ·
Orange Coast isn't bad. They have a lot of Vs in stock. They still have 2012s in stock. I got mine from Renick in Fullerton. Renick got my V from Orange Coast on a dealer trade. It all came down to price and Renick took all my certificates and Orange Coast wouldn't. I dealt with Don Holthe at Renick. If you speak to him, tell him Shawn from Porter Ranch sent ya! He is a great guy!!

#17 ·
All the major sales sites have the ability to filter. Once you set up a filter, most will email you new cars that meet your specs, and you can save the link to come back and search regularly. I search 10 sites daily, waiting on the car I want for the right price. They're out there.

#18 ·
GM-4-LIFE said:
It's all in the art of negotiation. I inquired with a bunch of dealers out here in So Cal until I got a few of them to the pricing I was willing to pay. It all came down to which dealer had the car or could get the car of my choice. All in all, my lease payment is very low for how much the car costs.
Leases are a totally different animal. When it comes to prices, in he end, for lease, is the residual value they get you on when it's one to return the car. From my experiences......js

#19 ·
Yes the payment is usually determined by the residual value, however the money factor or interest rate also plays a role. On the V, the residual value is good and the rebates play a great role in the cap cost reduction. There were great rebates on the car when I got mine. I think right now they got even better as of July 2nd.

#20 ·
I have leased 7 cars and can state with certainty that these are the only factors that affect your payment:

1. Agreed upon price of the vehicle (also known as cap cost)
2. Money factor. This is really the interest rate although the lease companies don't refer to it as such and are not required to disclose it anywhere unless you ask!
3. Residual percentage. This is based on MSRP and not cap cost
4. Lease term. That is, how long will you keep the car.

Obviously #4 is your choice, but the residual percentage changes based on this.

You can only negotiate for item #1. That's it. You can't negotiate money factor or residual as they are set by the leasing company. The lower the price of the car, the lower the lease payment.

In addition, never, ever, pay your taxes up front or make a cap cost reduction out of your own pocket. If the car is lost, stolen, or destroyed you can kiss that money goodbye. The payments will be higher but you will not assume the risk of loss.

#23 ·
a/o 2 Jul there is $4,500 Dealer Cash available on in-stock 2012s, so they ought to be available for a good price, if you can find them! If anyone knows of a BD, recaro (saffron), 6A, yellow caliper coupe out there, let me know! Some great used deals out there, but a mid-50 or lower new 12 wouldn't be a bad deal either!

#22 ·
GM-4-LIFE said:
Yes the payment is usually determined by the residual value, however the money factor or interest rate also plays a role. On the V, the residual value is good and the rebates play a great role in the cap cost reduction. There were great rebates on the car when I got mine. I think right now they got even better as of July 2nd.
Congrats GM! I wish you the best!
I was fortunate to land 1.9% for 5 yrs.

#24 ·
Today I picked up a 2012 new white diamond sedan A6, with recaro's and moon roof for $58k. They wouldn't
budge on the $58k, but they did give me $55k for my 2012 cherokee srt8 that had 12,000 miles. The most other dealers had offered me for the cherokee was $49k plus the dealer was in my home town. Overall I am happy with the deal and that's all that matters to me. Looking forward to putting some miles on the beast and possibly some mods down the road.

#25 ·
Hello BusinessClass,

Congratulations on your new CTS-V and welcome to the forums! Sounds like you got a good deal. We would love to see some pictures if you get a chance. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your vehicle, please feel free to reach out to Laura or myself on this forum or at socialmedia@gm.com. Thank you very much for your time and I hope you are enjoying your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.