Question for you Cali owners
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Question for you Cali owners in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; ...
    AussiePete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Question for you Cali owners

I'm considering buying a 2011 Vagon with 30K miles(the one on the classifieds), which has already been modded with: Hennessey Cold Air Intake, Corsa Sport axle-back, ported snout with 2.55” upper pulley/solid isolator and a tune. My question is on Smog, will this thing pass visual inspection or will we need half of this reverted to original? I would if anything prefer to buy an un-modded Vagon and do it myselfbut those are about what I would do anyway.

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: Question for you Cali owners

My dealer service rep told me he'd be happy to install an Airaid for me, but that when it came time for a smog inspection it'd have to be swapped back to stock.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Someone who knows what their doing will look for a CARB EO # on the aftermarket CAI. The axle-back doesn't matter and I doubt the rest of it would be caught by a visual.

Off-topic: The tune is interesting though; I don't know the latest, but I read somewhere that there was a proposal to begin checking ECUs for modification; however, this would only be for cars at a certain model year in the future going forward. Anyone familiar with the latest?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Someone who knows what their doing will look for a CARB EO # on the aftermarket CAI. The axle-back doesn't matter and I doubt the rest of it would be caught by a visual.

Off-topic: The tune is interesting though; I don't know the latest, but I read somewhere that there was a proposal to begin checking ECUs for modification; however, this would only be for cars at a certain model year in the future going forward. Anyone familiar with the latest?
    PRK "STAR" Program. There are various threads & posts on this subject. 2000 & newer, I believe. Whether they use the sniffer is at the discretion of the smog technician.

Vileem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

If you know the right smog station you can pass the visial, sometimes for extra $, can it pass the actual test would be a bigger issue IMO.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I learned the other day that OnStar can check these vehicles' mileage. I already knew they could read a CEL code, but was surprised to hear about the mileage. I bet they can also already see if the tune has been modified, and plenty of other things.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I have heard that they can check & / or verify whether the tune is modified, but I have heard that they can't get into the counter that counts how many times the computer has been tuned & / or changed out.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.