Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Having second thoughts

5K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
So, I just purchased a 2012 sedan, manual with Recaros and no sunroof. Exactly what I wanted. Until.... I bought the car on a Saturday and Monday the dealer sent someone out to pick the car up to be detailed and have a stuck passenger window fixed. They called that afternoon and told me the car needed a sensor in the accelerator fixed. I got the car back three days later. The following Tuesday the check ABS light and check stabiliTrac light came on. It took eight days to get the car back. I asked the dealer if they would take the car back and they agreed to do so, if that's what I wanted. I'm driving the car a few days to decide. Needless to say I'm a little spooked. It's under full warranty, but I don't want to deal with never ending issues. Any thoughts? Coincidence or dog???

#4 ·
I think your car is just bad luck. This generation V is scarily reliable, usually. I've had no significant issues with my almost 6-month old V wagon, and I had few issues with my 2009 sedan. Hopefully once they get the bugs out, your car will be right as rain.

#11 ·
I probably shouldn't be driving the car. It's making it very hard to return. Reminds me of the time someone let my wife take a puppy home to see how the kids liked it. He said we could bring it back if it wasn't right for us. That was six years ago and we still have him.

#14 ·
They put about 40 miles on the car while they had it. I've put another 200+ since its been back. No hiccups. Monday is our agreed upon time to render a decision. I'm feeling pretty good about keeping it. This is the first cts-v I've driven. Amazing car.

#19 ·
Hello Bsinc,

I am sorry to hear your vehicle had to have repairs done so soon after purchase. I am glad you are loving your CTS-V and since its been back in your hands no hiccups. If there are ever questions or concerns that arise and you would like to discuss, please private message me.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#24 ·
I ended up returning the car. The dealership was good enough to accept it back and reimburse my down payment. I found that I was holding my breath waiting for the next problem to arise. It may well turn out that the vehicle is dead reliable from here on in but my confidence was blown. I am now looking for another one.

#26 ·
Bsinc said:
I ended up returning the car. The dealership was good enough to accept it back and reimburse my down payment. I found that I was holding my breath waiting for the next problem to arise. It may well turn out that the vehicle is dead reliable from here on in but my confidence was blown. I am now looking for another one.
Good move, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.