Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hp without supercharger

7K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Betiwin 
#1 ·
How much hp does the engine have without the supercharger ?

#20 ·
Exactly. They had the lower compression engine i the newer Camaros that mated to the auto trans. The manual transmissions had the LS3, so were a little higher. My belt and idler pulley also broke and I was able to drive days w/o an issue. I did NOT go full throttle though either.

#14 ·
I think I remember doing this back in 2008 or early 2009 ill have to look up the dyno charts.. It was high 360s if I remember right. 470s with blower in stock form on same car. Intake was stock ls3 with the guards cut off making it fit with temp tubing for air stuff. This was with no tuning of course, just intake changed.

#16 ·
the engine wouldn't run if the supercharger belt was disconnected. An honest question to start the post, but the supercharger is the intake system. If the rotors dont move, then no air can get in at all. If you left the engine as is, and replaced the supercharger with an intake of another LS engine, it would run poorly because the rest of the engine is designed to be supercharged. Just really not answerable. Not the same as engines that are originally not designed to be supercharged and have an aftermrket centrifugal blower (vortech, paxtom) added on later.
You could take a 6.2 L engine and, depending on timing, heads, and cam, get anywhere from 200hp to 600hp without a supercharger.

#17 ·
the engine wouldn't run if the supercharger belt was disconnected. An honest question to start the post, but the supercharger is the intake system. If the rotors dont move, then no air can get in at all. If you left the engine as is, and replaced the supercharger with an intake of another LS engine, it would run poorly because the rest of the engine is designed to be supercharged. Just really not answerable. Not the same as engines that are originally not designed to be supercharged and have an aftermrket centrifugal blower (vortech, paxtom) added on later.

Not true at all it will run not good but it will. I drove over 150 miles with out the belt on it had no power like i said but it ran 70-75 mph fine. Broke the belt racing and did not have a spare I do now in the truck and the tools to put it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.