Dealer is confirming order window for 2014, because any re-order will be a 2014. Told me over the phone that I could be looking at SEP-OCT13 for a delivery date. He will confirm tomorrow. Stealth blue is looking like it's out the window, but I'm not too concerned. The limited availability of the stealth blue was nice, but I think a phantom gray metallic will be much more striking.
The only thing I'm not sure about is if I want to sit around that long waiting for a V wagon.
There was no offer from the dealer for a lower price for the damaged car? With a full warranty and an extra $10,000 in my pocket I might be tempted to sign the waiver and hope for the best.
That sucks. How about have them make a stealth blue 2014...
Also. Maybe the dealer would let you borrow a car while they fix this problem.
I've given it some more thought, and I would accept the stealth blue V wagon if $10,000 was taken off the negotiated price. I know this was not offered to me as an option and I'm slightly surprised given the $2200 of unexplained damages and having to sign a waiver to accept it. The offer of GM accessories was kind in recognition of the inconvenience, but paying new car price for a damaged and repaired V wagon does not make sense to me.
Based on the phone conversation with the dealer, the initial expectation that any other V wagon that would be built is a 2014 and would take until SEP-OCT 2013 to be delivered is doable but not ideal after waiting 5 weeks already. I could certainly go car-less until fall, but I am curious to know what they will think of the proposal.
Of course I am still very interested to get the full information from Cadillac on the 2014 orders, options, and timelines so that I can make the decision and move forward in a specific direction.
I'm just curious as to this "waiver" they would want you to sign if u took the car....
What exactly would this waiver state?
I would order new and not go with 10K off. Who knows what they hit it with or if it fell off the rack etc LOL. Not worth the risk.
I don't think I'll pursue the damaged wagon that much. 2014 will happen for the V wagon. In regards to the damaged unit, here is a little insight from the dealer:Quote:
GM will end up giving the damaged unit to a factory official to drive for a few months, at least that's what they normally do, then send to auction.
So that's where all those "GM Executive" vehicles from Ryan's Auto Mall come from! ...I wonder if these kinds of things would ever show up on a carfax/autocheck/VIS report?
Auto trader has one listed in New York a 6sp. Kinda strapped right now but would trade my TG for a SB in a heart beat. Was the dealer in BW TN still taking the car? Sorry for your trouble. I wanted a SB when I purchased mine a year ago. Everyone kept saying now way would they build one. If I had known, I would have waited. I just luv that color, had a 91 Vette that color and my '06 V was SG. Good Luck in finding one i searched a year before I bought my '11 TG Wagon.