D3 Cadillac - shocked - Page 6
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 110
Like Tree23Likes
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, D3 Cadillac - shocked in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; I think that they're just fine....
  1. #76
    baabootoo's Avatar
    baabootoo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    I think that they're just fine.

  2. #77
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,572

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Unfortunately, this guy doesn't appear to be ordering parts that D3 doesn't carry, to say nothing about how utterly ridiculous it is to treat a potential customer like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Little guy View Post
    Got an estimate over phone for pulley and water-meth on my 06 STS V on monday. Called Wednesday to make appointment, d3 was busy, they told me to call in 2 weeks. Called in two weeks, made appointment for following Monday and of course I called d3 on Friday to confirm for Monday. I show up on Monday (both me and my ride wasted a sick day) they tell me that their out of stock on STS V pulleys, WTF. Then some guy out of nowhere (d3 crew) goes port the blower! Not only did your service SUCKED, but now you're trying to sell me something cuz you're out of stock on what I really want. d3 just wants lame as justin bieber types dropping 20k fast, Instead of servicing real necks.
    Telling this guy that a potential solution is to order parts--parts that D3 carries--in an effort to (I suppose) manage their disorganized operations is head-shaking.

    Witch hunt?

    Hardly...

    The fact of the matter is that certain D3 customers, especially on this forum, will say ANYTHING to defend their vendor, even in the face of patently horrible actions/service. Unless this poster is not telling the truth, how the hell you D3-lovers can even open your mouths is utterly amazing to me. You absolutely cannot defend those actions, period.

  3. #78
    Rule12b's Avatar
    Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    568

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Luna you are a tool. Keep twisting what I say to match your tortured viewpoint. I commented on a post by Gary Wells that had you opening your big stupid yap, and a couple of other people obviously NOT getting his point. So I clarified from my experience, which on whole, has been good with D3, and extensive over the years. I'm not even defending shit, just clarifying your attempts to manipulate what GW had to say to fit your ongoing with hunt. I really feel sorry for you.

  4. #79
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,572

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    Luna you are a tool. Keep twisting what I say to match your tortured viewpoint. I commented on a post by Gary Wells that had you opening your big stupid yap, and a couple of other people obviously NOT getting his point. So I clarified from my experience, which on whole, has been good with D3, and extensive over the years. I'm not even defending shit, just clarifying your attempts to manipulate what GW had to say to fit your ongoing with hunt. I really feel sorry for you.
    I will continue to post and make you look like the biased dumbass that you are whether you like it or not. I could care less if it gets your vagina all in a knot.

    The fact of the matter is this guy posted his terrible experience with D3. Gary then replied that D3 has generally asked him to buy the parts & then schedule an appointment. Those are the facts and they are indisputable.

    Now, pay attention here, as this may get confusing for you...

    Either Gary was posting this because he was recommending this as a way of successfully dealing with D3, &, by extension, a solution to the poster's problem, or it was a horribly random post, easily misinterpreted.

    Then, you chime in with brilliant comments like,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    I don't think you guys are getting it. If they don't stock the parts on hand, you order them according to what you want. When they arrive at D3, they will install. Jesus.
    , which appears to be completely irrelevant as the parts were in fact stocked by D3 (if the OP is lying, that's a different discussion, but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it).

    Oh, and please explain how that and this

    Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    They furnish parts that they carry, and source things the customer wants that they do not, like in my case, certain heads and a particular cam. They order them for me and I pay. When they arrive, the car goes in for the work. What is so hard to fathom here? If it isn't a part out of their catalog, or something where I am deferring to their judgment call on associated significant parts (rockers, rods, whatever) that they must order in for me, why shouldn't I pay for those items up front? They won't ask you to order up spark plugs or fluids or bullshit like that. C'mon.
    are NOT defending D3...

    Unless, I suppose, you meant to reply only to Tinman, but that would be the most moronic tangent I can think of. Further, if this was the case, it's just another attempt by you to defend D3 and how they operate. Standard operating procedure for you...

    "I'm not even defending shit"

    Umm, yeah you are...rofl

  5. #80
    RapidRob's Avatar
    RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    !!!

  6. #81
    Dr. Design is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,406

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Hello,

    Hmm, this is interesting and seems very strange. I would like to look into this as we never make appointments unless we have the items in stock or en-route. We are currently out of stock on the STS-V pulley and we have been for several weeks. We are producing additional units now, but you certainly shouldn't have been given a scheduled install date or time for your vehicle. This would have been indicated to you prior to even scheduling an appointment with our staff. When did you say you called and when was your install date scheduled? I don't see anything for a pending STS-V pulley install. You indicated you came in when? The last STS-V that came into the shop was for wheels and tires... In addition to that he already had a pulley on his car. It would appear that you are new to the forums and this is your first post.... The STS-V section of the forum would have been better suited if you needed information regarding STS-V pulley products and install.

    Thank you,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac





    Quote Originally Posted by Little guy View Post
    Got an estimate over phone for pulley and water-meth on my 06 STS V on monday. Called Wednesday to make appointment, d3 was busy, they told me to call in 2 weeks. Called in two weeks, made appointment for following Monday and of course I called d3 on Friday to confirm for Monday. I show up on Monday (both me and my ride wasted a sick day) they tell me that their out of stock on STS V pulleys, WTF. Then some guy out of nowhere (d3 crew) goes port the blower! Not only did your service SUCKED, but now you're trying to sell me something cuz you're out of stock on what I really want. d3 just wants lame as justin bieber types dropping 20k fast, Instead of servicing real necks.

    __________________________________________________ ______________

    Good morning, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect proper birth date, approximate location, car owned and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

  7. #82
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    50,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Unfortunately, this guy doesn't appear to be ordering parts that D3 doesn't carry, to say nothing about how utterly ridiculous it is to treat a potential customer like this:

    Telling this guy that a potential solution is to order parts--parts that D3 carries--in an effort to (I suppose) manage their disorganized operations is head-shaking.

    Witch hunt?

    Hardly...

    The fact of the matter is that certain D3 customers, especially on this forum, will say ANYTHING to defend their vendor, even in the face of patently horrible actions/service. Unless this poster is not telling the truth, how the hell you D3-lovers can even open your mouths is utterly amazing to me. You absolutely cannot defend those actions, period.
    Luna, I'm not going to argue for or against D3. But, you taking the word of a 1 post newbie and saying D3 has such-and-such problem is very foolhardy...

  8. #83
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,572

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Luna, I'm not going to argue for or against D3. But, you taking the word of a 1 post newbie and saying D3 has such-and-such problem is very foolhardy...
    Uhh, no. I have no idea what you are reading.

    I am simply amazed at the replies by certain D3 lovers, nothing more. I never once echoed a sentiment guaranteeing the veracity, or lack thereof, of this poster. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't have said a single word if that post went un-responded to.

    If you can't see that, sorry.

  9. #84
    Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, Kali
    Age
    71
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    RWHP & RWTQ is my bitch or will be, I love both D3 in Signal Hill & Hennessey Performance Engineering, Lake Forest facility. The Texas facility too.
    Guess that I am a freak or something.

  10. #85
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    50,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post

    Yes, they are a very disorganized lot. This is not surprising in the least.

    Wow....just WOW...
    What are YOU talking about, Luna? The guy has ONE post and it could be anyone making an account and making stuff up. The post was out of the blue and was not a new thread.

    You were the second to respond and took his story and have given it credit.

    You of all people know I am not a D3 schill and have even taken my shots at them in the past for what I thought was underwhelming product.

    If you want to go against them based on merit, I could not care less. But taking stories at face value from a 1 post drive-by? Foolishness...

  11. #86
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3,572

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    What are YOU talking about, Luna? The guy has ONE post and it could be anyone making an account and making stuff up. The post was out of the blue and was not a new thread.

    You were the second to respond and took his story and have given it credit.

    You of all people know I am not a D3 schill and have even taken my shots at them in the past for what I thought was underwhelming product.

    If you want to go against them based on merit, I could not care less. But taking stories at face value from a 1 post drive-by? Foolishness...
    I know for a fact they are a disorganized lot and can prove it regardless of this story being true or not. Further, saying that it's not surprising that someone experienced that with them is nowhere near, "accepting it as truth." As a matter of fact, I specifically said, & I quote, "if the OP is lying, that's a different discussion..." & "Unless this poster is not telling the truth..." Do note, however, I did experience very similar timing issues with them, so no, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

    That, however, completely misses the point.

    "Wow, just wow" was in response to this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    When dealing with D3 they generally have asked
    me to buy the parts & then schedule an appointment.
    I have found this works very well with them.
    This comment was pretty much what generated most/all of the subsequent discussion.

    Want to know what's foolish? Saying that I'm representing that Little guy's comment is fact. That's foolish...

    Now, if you'd like to continue this discussion, PM me

  12. #87
    Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, Kali
    Age
    71
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Not necessary, James.
    I just happened to have the headers already.
    I also already had the AlkyControl kit.
    D3 did tell me that if I wanted them to do the install on a "AeroForce" gage to buy what I want and take it to them.
    I have no problems with that philosophy depending upon part, cost, availability, etc., etc.
    Quite a few speed shops, not necessarily D3 only, prefer the customer to buy the product.

  13. #88
    Rule12b's Avatar
    Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    568

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Luna just can't stand it that ANYONE, such as myself and others here, have had an ongoing good experience with D3. Talk about a biased Vag, give me a break. What a pederast. Should be "Loony" not "Luna".

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Not necessary, James.
    I just happened to have the headers already.
    I also already had the AlkyControl kit.
    D3 did tell me that if I wanted them to do the install on a "AeroForce" gage to buy what I want and take it to them.
    I have no problems with that philosophy depending upon part, cost, availability, etc., etc.
    Quite a few speed shops, not necessarily D3 only, prefer the customer to buy the product.
    Cue Loony to twist this into a statement about what a terrible misleading shop D3 is. . .hahahaha

  14. #89
    pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    260
    I think this should show that the OP is/was lying and in my personal opinion I'd have to say that the OP is a rat hole account for someone to get the flame war restarted on a vendor that someone is disappointed with. I can appreciate the person having the bad experience to give a bad review, and those with good experiences to give good reviews but I can't for the life of me understand why people dedicate their online existence to flaming someone/something.

    May just be me but I don't expect everyone to be happy with me and I can't expect every person to be happy with a vendor. Some people are just un-pleasable (not a word). I think all those twisted up in this need to take a giant step back... (Tropic Thunder fans could finish this quote.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design
    Hello, Hmm, this is interesting and seems very strange. I would like to look into this as we never make appointments unless we have the items in stock or en-route. We are currently out of stock on the STS-V pulley and we have been for several weeks. We are producing additional units now, but you certainly shouldn't have been given a scheduled install date or time for your vehicle. This would have been indicated to you prior to even scheduling an appointment with our staff. When did you say you called and when was your install date scheduled? I don't see anything for a pending STS-V pulley install. You indicated you came in when? The last STS-V that came into the shop was for wheels and tires... In addition to that he already had a pulley on his car. It would appear that you are new to the forums and this is your first post.... The STS-V section of the forum would have been better suited if you needed information regarding STS-V pulley products and install. Thank you, Dr. Design D3 Cadillac
    Rule12b likes this.

  15. #90
    1_WKD_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Coupe
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    So. Ca
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2

    Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

    Well....I'm a new member to this forum and I've also been wondering about other people's experiences with D3. I just wanted to chime in on my own experience with D3 both POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. I'm not here to bash D3 at all, just wanting to share my experience.
    I too am a small business owner so I definitely am able to understand BOTH sides of each situation as a customer and as the service/materials provider. Now as a new CTS-V owner, I found D3 through online forums and since I live relatively close to D3, I thought I'd contact them for all my planned modifications. (I've owned several performance cars and have modified them all so I'm not a newbie when it comes to dealing with performance shops....especially highly reputable ones)
    From the beginning, their customer service has been top notch when it comes to over-the-phone communication, answering questions, and giving recommendations on modifications. They've also been able to work with me on their pricing to help me budget for doing my modifications in stages. My first mod was a Corsa Sport axle back and I had also planned on doing the Kooks x-pipe with removal of the secondary cats. However, after further thought while waiting for the Kooks x-pipe to be manufactured, I changed my mind and decided to not go with the x-pipe. D3 was more than kind to let me cancel that order and they didn't give me any beef about it at all (positive service experience). The Corsa's sound great but definitely not loud enough for my personal taste....so more must be done. lol
    This is where the negative experiences thusfar have started to accumulate. I decided to purchase their D3 Stage 2 intake and Stainless works LT headers, high-flow cats, and x-pipe. After several back and forth phone conversations with their sales rep regarding small details and questions I had, I was finally able to ok them to place the order for the full SW system. To date, I've been waiting ~2-3 weeks for their Stage 2 intake due to a hold up in their "manufacturing process" of the intakes (for which I tried to be as understanding as possible...but 2-3 weeks?). In addition, it's been 7 full days since I've asked them to SIMPLY PLACE THE ORDER for the full SW exhaust system. With both email correspondence and phone calls back and forth with the SAME sales rep, the order has still NOT been placed. The excuse I've been given is that they're really busy with getting everything ready for 1) their Cars and Coffee event and 2) and upcoming race event in Texas.
    Now don't get me wrong, as a business owner myself, I understand when a business is busy and you have a lot on your plate. HOWEVER, this does not justify why it's taking over 7 days to simply pick up the phone and call SW to get my order placed. Honestly, how long could that really take? 10 minutes at most to place the order factoring in you were put on hold once or twice? Really, to call up SW (which I'm sure they have a VERY established working relationship with already) and say "yes, I'd like to place an order for a full SW LT header system with hi-flow cats, x-pipe, and all proper connecting pipes for a 2013 CTS-V coupe....thank you very much". Hmmm....I really wonder if that would even take 30 seconds....let alone over 7 days so far.
    Since they also told me that it takes SW ~4 days to manufacture the part and then another 5-7 days to ground ship it to them, the additional wait time for me is another ~2 weeks AFTER the order is placed.
    Now you would think that the order would have been placed by D3 already especially since we've had correspondence back and forth over email AND over the phone during those 7 days with me questioning whether they've placed the order or not. But nope....the SW order has not been placed yet.
    This is where I'm very frustrated as a consumer and also confused as a business owner. Being "too busy" is NOT an excuse for not placing a customer's order for over 7 days which should realistically only take about 30 SECONDS.
    I hope they'll remember that it's all customers that keeps you in business and their "positive" experiences that help you grow your business in the future. I may not be able to drop 20K into one build like I'm sure some of their customer's "race cars", BUT that doesn't mean us "common" customers shouldn't treated as important.....at least this is the unfortunate impression that they're giving.
    I truly hope that D3 comes through and resolves this issue promptly and that we can move forward with all this as water under the bridge. This post is just for those of you who are also considering D3. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations as a new member to this forum.

    ----------

    And sorry for high-jacking this OP's thread....just thought my experiences may be relevant as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting