Time to come clean...............2004 to now
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By thebigjimsho
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Time to come clean...............2004 to now in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Probably a typical guy/car relationship from lust, to love, to whatever, to hate. I had two early CTS-V's (2004, 2005) ...
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757

Time to come clean...............2004 to now

Probably a typical guy/car relationship from lust, to love, to whatever, to hate. I had two early CTS-V's (2004, 2005) that were relative nightmares for me. No need to replay all that as the "long-timers" know the story already and newbies don't need to hear all that shiz replayed. I'm actually the second member on the CTS-FAQ site just to show how long I've been around. After my relationship with my first gen' V's soured I switched to an '06 SRT8. I must say that I liked the size of the SRT8 as it fit me better, but it always lacked the handling of the V1's. The first '06 SRT8 (yes I had two) stayed relatively stock, the second '06 SRT8? Well, I spent the next 6 years and just over $30K trying to make my SRT8 into...........well frankly a V1 and then a V2. I ended up with a 643rwhp SRT8 with full suspension upgrades that unfortunately still couldn't keep up with a V1/V2 in the corners but could dust both in the straight aways. Hardly the reward that I'd hoped for.

I waited patiently for the used V2 prices to become reasonable and read up on what was being done to up the power. Amazingly the power to dollar ratio was/is stupid cheap on these V2's. Then I finally found my V2.......nearly in my back yard. A white diamond 2010 sedan with every option and the dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The plan was to learn how to drive the CTS-V at the limit and then begin adding the power as I felt comfortable. Well I can tell you that I had no idea, that I had no idea. These cars handle soooo much better than I thought that I'm probably still only pushing it at 85%. I've only experienced one four wheel drift to date, and certainly not for lack of trying.

Now, after 3 months of ownership, 5,000 total miles and 600 miles on the new mod's (606rwhp/611rwtq) I am simply amazed at what these cars can do. The fact that the transmission and rear diff' can handle another 100hp/100tq and not need upgrading is testimony to the engineering. My SRT8 sounded like a racecar because it had to, to make the HP. It road like shiz because it had to, to be able to handle in the corners. It cost me $30K because I had to upgrade the shortblock, transmission, rear diff, add a cam, etc. to get the power to what a CTS-V will deliver with a pulley change, bigger HX and tune. That's just nucking futs!

So in closing and "coming clean".....if the SRT8 is a good car....and it is......then the CTS-V is an incredible car. It delivers over 600hp/tq with minimal upgrades and doesn't sound or feel like a racecar. What a car......what an incredible car!

Now if the GM rep' is reading this, the preceding is a story about my cousin's car as I have not modded my car in anyway that would affect my warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Time to come clean...............2004 to now

Come on, tell us how you really feel about the V.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33

if the SRT8 is a good car....and it is......then the CTS-V is an incredible car. It delivers over 600hp/tq with minimal upgrades and doesn't sound or feel like a racecar. What a car......what an incredible car!
    Having been there (although not modded nearly that much!) I can say without hesitation that you are right. Good stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Yup. You've got the V fever. This is an incredible platform and stupid cheap to upgrade and maintain. It's why I bought another one.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos Sold

I'm with you on that. I came from a fairly modded 2009 Charger SRT8 and there is no comparison to the V.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I was driving ladies back and forth to church in my 630hp V. Except for what they describe as a "sporty sounding exhaust", they, nor others, can comprehend what the car can do.

When I'm driving them around and then I think of the video of me doing 150 at VIR, I chuckle...
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.