Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wagon is dead? No CTS wagon after 2013?

5K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  jsherid1 
#1 ·
Keep seeing some early reports saying the CTS wagon will be no-more after the current model year runs out.
Can anyone confirm that?
Alex

#3 ·
Altoon, I apologize for any inconvenience this causes but I checked my resources this morning and unfortunately do not have any illuminating information regarding any future wagon plans. Please don't hesitate to check in with me anytime via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com), however, and I would be happy to check my resources again for updates in the near future.

And please stay tuned to our Cadillac News site for all the latest information!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#4 ·
#6 ·
^^^^
Thanks for the link. Our wagon is clearly better-looking. The one you linked to looks more like a last gen SRX.

#9 ·
I have heard rumors that the CTS-V is also gone after the 2013 model year. As with your case, I have not received any confimation of this from GM or other readers of this forum. With the ATS, I can see no reason to keep the CTS in general. The high-HP engine in the CTS-V is a rather dated design (a V-8 whose only claim to fame is the blower). I would be interested in any thoughts that deny these rumors.

#10 · (Edited)
tedcmiller said:
I have heard rumors that the CTS-V is also gone after the 2013 model year. As with your case, I have not received any confimation of this from GM or other readers of this forum. With the ATS, I can see no reason to keep the CTS in general. The high-HP engine in the CTS-V is a rather dated design (a V-8 whose only claim to fame is the blower). I would be interested in any thoughts that deny these rumors.
I can't see Cadillac not providing competition for the M5. That's what the CTS-V does. The ATS-V will compete with the M3. If the M5 disappears or becomes irrelevant, that might happen. The LSx engines are legendary. Take off the supercharger on the LSA and put on proper high compression pistons, and it would still be a winner.

Jud

#19 ·
Especially a 6MT V wagon. I'm sure people are shaking their heads at the dealership asking a) why I'd daily drive a 556 hp sports sedan, and now wagon, in the Cleveland winter, and b) why I'd daily driving a 6MT sports wagon in the Cleveland winter.

:)

Here's hoping my wagon is a keeper....that's the plan at this point.

I'm now at 4300 and know my VIN. I should have my wagon any day now (dealer says 10-14 days, but I hope it's shorter!). WOOOOT!

#21 ·
To JFJr and all the other doubters, I don't have to explain anything. Note that I said "If...." Keep on dreaming if you think that the people who are in charge are interested in anything but money. I did not say that the CTS was dead. I did not say that the CTS wagon was dead. I did not say that the CTS does not make money for Cadillac. Some other person or people said all those things. gsandhu is not very smart. He (or she) doesn't even know how to spell "lose." Nobody has suggested that the Bugatti 1000 HP car is a money pit - except gsandhu. Is the Chevy Volt going to stick around? I don't know and don't care.

#27 ·
Strategic planners for corporations like GM think much larger than the profitability of individual models. They have a much wider view, and they would certainly green-light cars and models that have slimmer (or zero) margin in order to gain in other areas. This is popular at the moment in order to manipulate emissions laws. It's used to market the company (CTS-V wagon) and get it in the news. It's used to ensure the company is in a segment they view as critical, like small cars. It's used within models even, with the new Dodge Dart and others coming in very stripped with very low margins just in the hopes that people will option it up.

Corporations are certainly all about dollars and cents, as you say, but they aren't making product decisions in isolation. They are concerned about the profitability of the whole company as the primary motivation.

#22 ·
I equate the V Wagon to the Dodge Magnum SRT. It was an interesting idea but never really caught on in the states. Wagons WERE popular in the past. Then came the SUV and the wagon all but died. It is an interesting concept for a family person who doesn't want to drive a high slung SUV but has a ton of power and can handle well.

Personally I like my coup but as a past owner of a SRT Magnum, I can say they rock as a fun family-work friendly car.

#23 ·
Our grammatically and spelling challenged friend is correct in that the Veyron is not a money maker for VW. Because of the high cost of the bespoke parts and the amortization of the tooling and development costs they lose a significant sum on each Veyron sold (some estimates are over $2MM on each). What that math does not include, and the morons who say GM loses some huge number on each Volt make the same mistake, is that there are a raft of new technologies and components that will be used in future vehicles so they are buying a suite of parts/technologies to use going forward in addition to developing a halo car.

Regarding the preference of the buying public for SUVs and crossovers all that comes to mind is the saying by PT Barnum--"nobody ever went broke by underestimating the taste and intelligence of the public". A station wagon has all the load carrying and space functionality of a SUV/Crossover with 1,000 pounds or more less weight, a lower center of gravity but the public apparently prefers the image and higher H point (seating position) of the SUV. It doesn't make any more logical sense than the fame of the Kardashian family or the Jersey Shore knuckleheads but there you go...

#26 ·
We have an Escalade as well--my wife's. She had a Range Rover before that which spent more time at the dealer than in our driveway. To be fair, the Escalade is a very nice vehicle in its own right with plenty of power, 6000 pounds of steel protecting my 4-year old daughter (the Army would not sell me an M1 Abrams) and a quiet comfortable ride. The only problem with it is that in Collin County every third vehicle is a Diamond White Escalade so it is sometimes tricky to figure out which is hers. I'd prefer she had a wagon too but she loves sitting up high (and she is 5'9" not like the dwarves we see driving some SUVs) and I have found it better to let her have what she wants so that I can have my toys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.