2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, iPhone in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; 1) As was said, you have to use the AC Delco connector that comes with the car. It incorporates some ...
- 06-16-13 07:31 PM #16Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Naples, FL
1) As was said, you have to use the AC Delco connector that comes with the car. It incorporates some electronics that allows the V to control the iPhone. If you use a regular iPhone charging/sync cable, you just get power and the car won't recognize the iPhone for other control.
2) The AC Delco cable is the perfect length to have it directly under where the arm rest will fall on the connector portion that houses the electronics. Let the armrest fall on it once, and it won't work anymore. Don't ask me how I know.
I found it pretty easy to cut the 3.5mm and USB connectors off the AC Delco cable and splice in some longer wires. Then I ran the wires from inside the glove box, under the center console trim and right out by where I mount the iPhone on the passenger side of the center console. Now it's easy to plug in, have full, control, and not need to fish around in the armrest all the time.
- 06-17-13 11:07 AM #17Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
I had the proclip mount in my previous car (lexus GS) and the phone was mounted let's say near the passenger a/c controls, which was great as I could see it while driving and operate it no problem. In the CTS their website shows it to be installed parallel with the ground near the shifter, if that's the only mounting point that's pretty useless for me having a manual as I can't mount it on my side as I'd hit it, and if I mount it on the passenger side, it seems I wouldn't be able to see it, let me know your feedback.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet
Ratchet - 3/8 Inch Drive; Round Head; Quick ReleaseMore on PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet
- Equus - Tachometer
Tachometer - 3-3/8"; Black; 8,000 RPMMore on Equus - Tachometer
- Gumout - Carburetor And Choke Cleaner
Carburetor And Choke Cleaner - Jet Spray Carb + Choke Cleaner 16 Oz.