It is finally time to look for a car and after weeks of research I have narrowed down the search to 2 vehicles:
• 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
• 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Sedan
I am looking for a CPO or well maintained vehicle and I was able to find one of each about 150 miles from home.
I am aware that both vehicles are exciting to drive but I would like to ask your opinion about the Cadillac that I have found.
It is a fully loaded 2011 unit (580 miles on the clock) that “supposedly” was never sold to anyone and has been at the dealer for 2 years. Obviously the warranty has yet to be activated and therefore it will have the full 4 years bumper to bumper warranty if purchased.
There are few items that do not convince me about the car:
- Why is it still there?
- 580 miles in 2 years? That cannot be real good for the powertrain.
- The hood does not seem to lineup correctly with the rest of the body. The gap between the R and L fenders and the hood is not symmetrical and it seems odd that GM would sell a brand new $72k vehicle with such difference.
- The MSRP in 2011 was $72k. They were selling it at $76k due to all of the “fancy” dealer packages that are a total scam and they were willing to come down $10k as of yesterday.
I am just curious if anyone has had a similar experience or purchased a new “older” vehicle.
Thank you for your time,