Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: horrible resonance at 1700-2000rpm

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback

horrible resonance at 1700-2000rpm

after I had new exhaust put in today. Had a dynomax bullet axleback exhaust/muffler placed. Great sound though a bit loud. But teeth rattling resonance. Anyone have experience with this problem? Will be bringing it back in for removal/replacement later this week. BTW drove it without mufflers and sounded great, just too loud for my taste.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: horrible resonance at 1700-2000rpm

Yes, i had some resonance with the stock mufflers. It was not as severe as you describe with your exhaust, but it was annoying. All gone with the Corsa axleback.

Re: horrible resonance at 1700-2000rpm

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Yes, i had some resonance with the stock mufflers. It was not as severe as you describe with your exhaust, but it was annoying. All gone with the Corsa axleback.
    I think the mooing I wrote a thread about a few months ago may have been that resonance only quieted down by the stock mufflers. Will be more vigilant with next instal. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by simgolfer
    after I had new exhaust put in today. Had a dynomax bullet axleback exhaust/muffler placed. Great sound though a bit loud. But teeth rattling resonance. Anyone have experience with this problem? Will be bringing it back in for removal/replacement later this week. BTW drove it without mufflers and sounded great, just too loud for my taste.
    Headers + xpipe + stock mufflers is the best sound with no drone. Sounds stock when cruising and nasty at WOT.[COLOR="Silver"]

Got back to the shop yesterday and we decided to add a muffler after the secondary cats and keep the bullet mufflers at the tips since I like the sound quality. Drone is down 80-90% at 2000rpm and virtually gone at 2700rpm. Sound down about 40% overall but livable for the wife now. Will add some dynamat to the trunk to see if I can remove the last of the resonance. Underbody parts already has rubber spray.