Cadillac Owners Forum banner

When will CTS-V wagon production end?

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  FLTRI 
#1 ·
Does anyone know? Have an educated guess?

I get the impression that the Cadillac wagon is not successful enough to see another generation, either in ATS or CTS, so the current CTS-V wagon will be the last of its kind.

It's on my short list, along with the 2014 Corvette and the future ATS-V. I know we'll see the next Vette in January; the ATS-V could be shortly thereafter or more than a year away for all I know, but I'm really just waiting for positive ID on the engine. (V8, sold; no V8, no sale.)

Main thing is I don't want to miss the window for a CTS-V wagon, and I know I'm going to have to order one to get the M6.

Any solid intel is appreciated.

.Jinx

#3 ·
Not sure, just not expectant. I bet there won't be a third-gen CTS coupe either. ATS is getting a coupe if Peter Delorenzo is to be believed, and I'd bet on a V of that. I know conventional wisdom is that you need a wagon in Europe, but will Cadillac make the investment a second time? Even if they do, will it be on a platform whose V gets a wicked V8?

I've seen but one sport wagon (not V) round these parts, but many coupes (some V). This makes it very hard to be optimistic about a near-term future wagon.

.Jinx

#5 ·
where are you guys getting your info?

i remember there being plans for coupe and convertible ATS originally but then those plans getting tabled (possibly for later)

i have heard nothing about any 3rd Gen CTS coupe or wagon - only that the sedan will probably be the only bodystyle

all this could change though since as far as I know there has been no confirm/deny from cadillac

#7 ·
My google-fu fails to find any CTS production figures, much less wagons, much less Vagons. Though I could swear I found a figure of 446 Vagons as of March 2012 when I looked a few weeks ago. Can't find it now. Maybe it was a fever dream.

#11 ·
I do know someone that found this out as far as sedan production goes.

"There were 2,010 CTS-V sedans built in 2012MY, and only 57 were Opulent Blue RPO code GTR."

I asked for a wagon number and was told to give them a couple months to wait for the ATS launch activity to calm down.

#12 ·
Hi all. I'm new to the forum but can't find the answer I'm looking for, so I'm bumping this old thread.

Does anyone know if Cadillac has given dealers a firm cutoff date for new orders for a 2014 CTS-V Wagon? I'm interested but have some hoops to jump through at work to make it happen and am wondering how much lead time I have. I'm assuming they would shut down production around summertime, but that's just an assumption based on past experience. I'd really like to know if any dealers have been given a hard cutoff date. Mine doesn't know, but then again they want to sell a car, so they're always going to push for an immediate order.

Thanks for any information you can share!

#13 ·
Can't help you with the exact information you need. However, there is a dealer in the Tampa area who has 12 Vagons on the floor. 12! Most with 6MT, too!

#26 ·
My dealer here won't order (wouldn't order) any MT V's for his lot. If you wanted to order a car with a MT you needed a substantial down payment to make it happen. I wonder what would have happened it I tried to order a manual V with Frost. Cash up front?

#27 ·
My dealer is the same. They figure a MT V (any body style) is such a niche vehicle they would have a hard time selling it. I actually think a MT V as a stock order would be easier to sell as the people that want the MT will seek them out, whereas an auto is everywhere. I'd compromise on color and some options, but not MT if that's what I wanted.

#28 ·
Every dealer is different. Mine won't order a gray interior, every V they have in stock has a black interior. He had to do a trade with a dealer in Boston to get me a black wagon, with a gray interior. They usually have 4-5 V's on the floor at any one time, and at least one is usually an M6...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.