Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Does anyones radio NOT come back on when you start the car???

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
The problem:

If I am listening to my radio/CD/XM or HDD and I turn off the ignition while my radio is still on and jump out the car to run into the store (less then 15-20 min) when I start the ignition again the radio display screen comes on but NO sound out the speakers - after a few seconds the display sceen shuts off and then I have to press the power button no less than 3 times and up to 12 for the display screen AND audio to kick in. I've taken it to the dealer 3 times and they swear they can't find the problem.

Please help...I'm a Cadi girl... and I love my CTS. This radio issue is frustrating

#2 ·
It sounds like this sort of issue can be caused by a loose connection in the fuse block in the back of the car by the battery. The upper portion of the fuse block there is a big connector with a bolt in it. It sounds like there are two designs and it changed in 2009. If the dealer isn't helping and you want to give it a look yourself, you just have to take the battery door off in the trunk. The fuse block and connector are right above the battery. One connector design, the bolt spins freely when tight, however the other design has a torque spec and you can break things by over tightening. Don't exceed 35 in-lbs if you try to tighten it.

#3 ·
FeFe,

I'm sorry that you're so frustrated with your CTS (particularly the radio), and can understand that three trips to the dealership for the same concern without a resolution would only add to any frustration you already had. If you would like for us to follow up with your dealership on this, please send us a private message with your name, phone, address, the last 8 of your VIN, current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

If you were going to look into the fuses as mentioned by V Wagon, your manual does have a section on the electrical system beginning on page 5-114 that provides fuse diagrams and other information.

I hope we're able to get this resolved for you soon!
Sarah (In for Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

#5 ·
I have heard of an issue where the radio won't power up after a restart. I believe it was traced to a loose wire under the driver's seat. Doesn't sound like the same issue as yours powers up. Could still be a bad connection or ground I guess. Sounds more like a problem with the head unit (Radio)

#6 ·
Hello. I have the exactly the same problem with my 2009 CTS sedan. The car has less than 30K miles. I've had the car for almost 2 years and this has been
going on for at least a year and a half. I only wished that I had taken the car to the dealer before the warranty expired. The crazy thing is that the problem
always resolves itself. That is, it is a sporadic event and always goes away after parking for awhile. I have been searching for a solution; hoping for some sort of
way to reset the system while continuing on my journey. Thanks for your post. At least I know that I'm not the only one!

#7 ·
Hello jonesma47,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a concern with your radio not coming on when you start the vehicle back up. If you would like any assistance setting up an appointment and working with a dealership to look further into this concern, please feel free to private message me or send me and email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.