Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HID fogs

4K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  JoeS823 
#1 ·
Just bought an HID kit for the H11 fog light bulbs, anyone have any tips or tricks to installing these before I dive right in? Does the bumper need to come off?

#3 ·
Take the wheel off, take the wheel liner off. Nice "shelf" above the fog housing where you can two side tape the ballast above.
I took some pictures, let me see if I can find them tonight.

#28 ·
Blew the tire off my daily driver last night changed my plans.
I went through the wheel well so I didn't have to get under the car to get to the fogs. Either way you are popping a bunch of those annyoing clips.

Plus I got a chance to paint the hubs of the rotors while the wheel was off.

I went with 5,000k and 55W. 55w washout the color a little. I would have went 4,500k for 35w if I was trying to match the OEM headlights.

#31 ·
They have a few different versions available. I purchased the 4300 kit from their distribution center and they match EXACTLY IMHO the OEM headlights just the way it should have come from the factory. Jacked the front of the car up, popped the access panels in front of the wheel wells; double back taped the ballasts to the inner bumper liner. 2 hours max for a ding-dong like me.

Regards

Steve

PS I have ZERO affiliation with D3 whatsoever...They jusy happen to be local :)

#24 ·
just did my top and bottom 2 weeks ago....but i bought the 10k... not bright enough...going to buy the 5k this week...thanks to the previous owner there are no splash sheilds under the car ...so it was really just 4 bolts and about 5 or 6 of the plastic push pins....ballast are neatly tucked away behind the bumper support.....good luck with yours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.