Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Detroit GP Cadillac Corral Tickets

14K views 88 replies 18 participants last post by  tdyguy2k 
#1 ·
Who's going to the GP & Caddy Corral?

George

See less See more
#41 ·
Looks like rain tomorrow everyone still coming?

#43 ·
Wet ride down the lodge this morning, glad I washed my car last night....
Plan is still to get there before noon.

#45 ·
Great meeting you guys. Sucks I had to go back to work. See you in the morning tomorrow.

#49 ·
They looked like crap. I am bringing out the big camera today. See you guys in a bit. Randy you will be missed, hope things are going alright.

#48 ·
Its Grand Prix weekend!!!

#51 ·
Can't say enough about my Cadillac experience at the Detroit GP. My Dad worked 33yrs. for Cadillac (Hamtramck Poll-town Plant) now retired was overwhelmed with the level of hospitality that was provided to us. Looking forward to tomorrow & if you are in Detroit get you're a#% down here & enjoy a world class event put on buy a world class crew. Cheers! & yes can't wait to drive another 36hrs from Texas/back next year.

#53 ·
Hey thanks Gordy for letting me drive! :highfive: It was a blast as always to drive a V as it was intended.

I got to drive a parade lap in company car! The Marketing Manager for V comes up to me in the suite and says "Paul would you and Molly like to do a parade lap?" YES I said immediately. Didn't know if I was driving or riding or what. Didn't matter. So they give me the fob to a BD sedan with 600 miles on it, a Cadillac guy and his wife hopped in the back and we hit it. Gizmo in front of me says he hit 100 but I only got to 85 or so. I need practice in an automatic I guess. Wait. No I don't.
I don't know, you're pretty far back in that pic while I was drafting BigRon in front of me pretty close :bouncy:

#52 · (Edited)
I got to drive a parade lap in company car! The Marketing Manager for V comes up to me in the suite and says "Paul would you and Molly like to do a parade lap?" YES I said immediately. Didn't know if I was driving or riding or what. Didn't matter. So they give me the fob to a BD sedan with 600 miles on it, a Cadillac guy and his wife hopped in the back and we hit it. Gizmo in front of me says he hit 100 but I only got to 85 or so. I need practice in an automatic I guess. Wait. No I don't.

#54 ·
My auto wagon had 27 miles on it and I gave it a rough couple more. I think I broke 90 but didn't get to 100. I was sliding every turn though.

#56 ·
What time are you guys showing up tomorrow? I am shooting for 10.

#57 ·
Have fun you guys, I'm off to Muskegon with the Power Tour first thing in the morning. Gordy, I'll be in Plano from 7-11 June - I owe you a beer.

#58 ·
I gotta stop working so much and pay attention to the forum! I bought my 3 day super ticket the first day they were available. Having a great time but know it could be better with the crew. I did run into GizmoQ and a few other forum members today.

Here are some of my videos
http://youtu.be/4EQ5kuyseAg
http://youtu.be/Bo50A7-xbgs
http://youtu.be/RsXysS2qRzk

If you're in the area I'm in Grandstand 1, Section H

#59 ·
#62 ·
Ask and ye shall receive.

#63 ·

#66 ·
They were actually giving those away to everyone who filled out information at the Cadillac booth, so there were thousands of people who had them. THey were also giving Chevy ones away at the Chevy booth.

#68 ·
What an awesome weekend! Cadillac did a first rate job on this event; it helped that O'Connell won both of the V Series Challenge races. The most excitement i had was on the way on to the island Sunday morning. I decided to open it up a bit coming across the bridge (not my smartest decision) and ended up having a short conversation with a state trooper. Luckily he was kind enough to give me a verbal warning.

#69 ·
Yeah, great weekend.
Big thanks to Jim Kraemer and everyone else that put together a great weekend. Anyone who second guessed coming needs to clear the calendar for next year. This is the V event to be at.

Also for a dollars and cents comparison. Parking else where is $5 plus $10 a person for the shuttle each day. Throw in food and beverage cost, this ends of barely costing more and the convenience of the parking location and having a tent to relax and get out of the sun is great. Plus everyone working the event was top notch.

#70 ·
Absolutely FIRST CLASS WEEKEND. Great to meet new Guys and Gals (Molly-BD stick-Vagon) and see local peeps as well. I actually got to small talk with Johhny "O" for a few minutes. What a SUPER NICE guy and funny as hell; oh and he can drive a bit also!

HUGE THANKS to John Kraemer and his crew. The promotional staff=(Not hard on the eyes either, wink-nod!) were terrific. Andiamos staff/food was great as well.

Looking forward to MID-OHIO.

George

#71 ·
Hopefully we'll have a few more XLRs at Mid-Ohio

#72 ·
Details or link for Mid-Ohio?

#73 ·
#77 ·
Bigron said:
Yeah, great weekend.
Big thanks to Jim Kraemer and everyone else that put together a great weekend. Anyone who second guessed coming needs to clear the calendar for next year. This is the V event to be at.

Also for a dollars and cents comparison. Parking else where is $5 plus $10 a person for the shuttle each day. Throw in food and beverage cost, this ends of barely costing more and the convenience of the parking location and having a tent to relax and get out of the sun is great. Plus everyone working the event was top notch.
Thanks for the reminder on how much I over paid for that event! I will attend next years race so please hit me up when the corral is available.
I bought my tickets before they came available to the public.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.