Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Thinking about ditching the Recaros

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Hey everybody!

I am the proud owner of a 2012 CT-S V wagon. I really love the car. Its quite an upgrade from my e55 amg which was no slouch! The car is black on black with black wheels and yellow calipers and looks absolutely sinister!!

I am struggling with the idea of ditching my recaros for some regular seats though. My seats are brand new (1000 miles) and black. I would be looking for a swap plus money or to just buy someones seats outright. The newer or better the condition the more likely I will go through with it being as my seats are pristine (dont even squeak).

So long story short if anyone has the desire to do this drop me an email at paulo7204@yahoo.com and we can set it up. Assuming we can work out a deal I am ready to get it done so their will be no procrastination on my part.

I am located in Oklahoma but we can find some way to make it work.

thanks
Paul

#2 ·
Why are you ditching them? I love my Recaro's in my Vagon.

If it's a comfort issue, spend some time playing with different positions/settings. I got fidgety after about two hours in mine, until we took an 8 day trip. I kept adjusting on the fly, and after day three I found the sweet spot. I can easily outlast the gas tank in them now...

Just my $0.02

#7 ·
play with the settings for a while. Very rarely does anyone want to give up the recaros, so once you swap odds are you'll be stuck. Honestly if i were you , hold onto you recaros and try to buy some front seats off ebay. When it comes to resale if you dont have the oe recaros you might have a hard time selling

#8 ·
Hey guys!

I really appreciate all the response this thread has gotten. Thank you to everyone who has responded thus far. Its more of an issue of headroom then seat comfort. Im a tall guy and with a helment i just dont fit comfortably! Also I drove a loaner 2011 CTS with the regular seats and found them to be fine for commuting and very nice.

Thanks again and keep the emails coming!

EDIT: D3 Caddy I never got your email.

#9 ·
I feel your pain. I went from a standard seat to the Recaro's and gave them a good 3-4 weeks trying every possible position before I said enough is enough. The seats are rock hard IMHO especially for somebody with a boney butt. I don't think the trade off of comfort for having cold air blown up your ass is worth it. I think the stock seats are adequate but could definately be better. For comparison purposes, I would take the Chrysler SRT8 seats over any Caddy seat any day. Those are comfortable yet supportive seats

#11 ·
The seats in my Charger SRT8 were by far THE most comfortable seats in any car I've ever owned. While the Recaros are stiff, and while they creak/rattle, I would never by a V without then.

#10 ·
The Recaros definitely eat some headroom over the stock seats, although not as much as the sunroof does. I am 6'6" and tried all the different sunroof and seating combinations. If you are into tracking it though I think you will find the Recaros more supportive then the stock seats. Does your wagon have a sunroof?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.