Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wagon owners - tail light help

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Long 
#1 ·
Do any of you with a Wagon have any fitment issues with your Tail lights? The top of my passenger side doesn't fit tight against the body. My local dealer attempted to replace it but that didn't fit either. I was told that it was a characteristic of my car. To me this isn't acceptable and wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? This car has been nothing but a nightmare for me so far. I have yet to be able to enjoy it. (It is a CPO that I have had for about 2 weeks and been in for service 3 times!). :banghead: :bomb:

#2 ·
I just went out and checked mine. There is about a 1/16" gap, and I can push it down to be flush.

Like yours, it's only on the right side. That being said, I would have never noticed it had I not seen this post. Just not enough of a fitment issue for me to lose any sleep over...

#5 ·
Same question came up a couple of years ago in the standard wagon forum. I couldn't see any gap on my standard wagon and on my V-Wagon there is a 1/16" on the driver's side and none on the passenger side. The only thing it means to me is to be careful not to catch a towel or polishing rag on the pointy tip of the tail light.

#18 ·
Hi Griffin337,

I'm really sorry to hear that! Please let me know if you'd like me to research any specific concerns for you; simply send me an email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com anytime and I'm happy to assist where I can.

Looking forward to your updates,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service
Katie, do you happen to know the part number for the clip that holds the top of the tail light down and in place?

#10 ·
WOW! No, not at all.

I have a tiny gap right at the tip, but I sure as heck can't see daylight through it further down like yours. It almost looks like the lens is warped. Did they try putting on a new lens/assembly on yours to fix it, or just mess with that one.

Yeah, that's not acceptable in my book either...

#12 ·
Yes they put a new lens on.. same thing. They said they even took one off another car that fit just to make sure..

That's when i was told it may be a "characteristic" of my car.

Guess I can call customer service (AGAIN) and talk to some outsourced person who will blow smoke up my ass and ultimately waste more of my time trying to get yet another issue resolved..

#16 ·
I got it used. CPO had it about 3 weeks now. I bought it out of state but figured being CPO I didn't have to worry about issue like this. Its been at the dealer for 6 days out of the 22 I have owned it. I have had to have several things fixed including a new supercharger. Its certainly hasn't been a pleasant experience.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to check out their lights and putting up pics!

#17 ·
Do any of you with a Wagon have any fitment issues with your Tail lights? The top of my passenger side doesn't fit tight against the body. My local dealer attempted to replace it but that didn't fit either. I was told that it was a characteristic of my car. To me this isn't acceptable and wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? This car has been nothing but a nightmare for me so far. I have yet to be able to enjoy it. (It is a CPO that I have had for about 2 weeks and been in for service 3 times!). :banghead: 💣
My wagon has the same gap at the very peak of the tail light, worried about snags at the car wash or a towel catching while drying it off? I took a bit of clear silicone and carefully leveled this gap to the body, no snag worries. I even purchased two new tail lights and they also have that fitment issue. Just have to adapt :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.