Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2011 v wagon production numbers

11K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Haze 
#1 ·
Anyone know the production numbers for the 2011 V Wagon?

#3 ·
Katie, we are looking for the CTS-V Model Year 2011 production statistics. How many sedans, coupes and wagons did Cadillac produce for MY 2011. The more detail, the better. Breakdown of colors, manual and automatic transmissions, sunroofs etc. Forum members asked last year and Cadillac CS told us the figures would be available in the first quarter of 2012. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is what we were given for 2009 MY production: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ussion/195264-2009-cts-v-production-info.html

#16 ·
Hello all,

I apologize that this response is a day later than Katie had anticipated. I carried on in her investigation and unfortunately, we are only be able to get production numbers for 2009 and earlier from the resources we have available to us. I will place a call over to that resource center on Monday (they are closed on the weekends, unfortunately) just to make sure that they don't have any new information.

Regards,
Sarah (in for Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

#20 ·
There is another thread running on a related topic- how many black diamond cars were produced during 2011- and a member here came back with a total number of 577 from a person he called a very reliable inside source. I asked him if the same source can get the numbers that we are looking for. I still don't know why it is so easy to see every combination of Corvette built, but why not even Cadillac Customer Service (thank you for your efforts Katie and Sarah- we love that you guys are on here helping out) can get the numbers for the V. I tried digging into the various reports that GM puts out for production from each factory, but could not find it that way either. Is there a reason that GM would not want to release the information?

#21 ·
It's simple, the same reason you can't get individual numbers for the Impala, Cruze or any other GM car. It's just a Car to GM, Corvette is it's own beast, If there's one car that GM does right with, it's Corvette. We should expect that for a LONG time (if ever) for the V, even if it is a higher grade of vehicle.

#22 ·
You are probably correct, M5Eater, but the V cars have the same halo effect that the Corvette does and has a fan base that is just as passionate (although much smaller and without the huge history and tradition, I know), and there are a lot of people on here who never had a GM car or even looked at them until the V. So, maybe one day, we can hope...

#23 ·
All true, however, The V doesn't have 60 years of fan base and infastructure to support nerds like us. That's why we don't have this info, why V2's are built on the same line as every other CTS, and why we don't have any performance parts aside from 2 piece rotors.

#24 ·
Actually the VIN has the engine code and body style. I don't see how it is that difficult to at least filter by engine code first to capture all the V's and then by body style (sedan, coupe and wagon). Obtaining a complete VIN list for all CTS vehicles and filtering is a matter of just a few minutes. To include all options might be a little more labor intensive but can be done the same way. Don't know for sure, but I believe that production numbers have to be reported to NHTSA under the Tread Act. Maybe the numbers are in that report??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.