Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What is dealer policy regarding warped pulsating front rotors and warranty?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  baabootoo 
#1 ·
My car has 16k miles and i have been complaining for a while and the two dealers i went to refused to even consider warranty on them.

Has anyone run into this issue?

I do recall Mercedes did warranty my rotors on my 07 E63 at around 10k miles and said the cut off was 12k miles for any warranty within the first year.

Anyone comment here?

thanks

#2 ·
Cant you just get them lightly shaved to remove the layer on them and then get new pads and redo the brake bedding??

#3 ·
No shop or dealer would even think about cutting rotors in the NY and CT area where I live. I asked many times they all said its going to warp worse and then make noise so I decided not to. I called my dealer rotors are around $700 pair. I already have new pads in my garage.

Really wondering who GM Warranty handles such.

#6 ·
Find someone who uses a Pro Cut brake lathe to turn rotors in your area. They cut the rotors to the car to avoid any run out.

#11 ·
guys i had these fixed Friday. I had my friends shop call DCM Tech the company that makes that wet rotor grinder and there
happens to be one in Queens NY. They drove the rotors out and were super impressed with the job it did.

So far the car feels good but the real test will be after a few hundred more miles and some high speed stops.

Wish i could throw up some photos, this machine makes the rotor surface look exactly like brand new rotors.

#14 ·
Infiniti had this problem on their front rotors also. The problem is that even after cutting, it still happened again. It was because of the metal makeup and only new rotors fixed it. I would definitely go higher up the "food chain" also. Brakes are something the Lemon Law kicks in for in WI, since it's a safety issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.