Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Leaking Sunroof

37K views 66 replies 28 participants last post by  Ltdc 
#1 ·
I contributed to Keepupp's post about his sunroof leaking by including my new V sedan as another one that leaked.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...2009/223704-brand-new-cts-v-taking-water.html

Well, yesterday my dealership initially told me I need a new sunroof, but today they say that what caused the leaking was a loose drain hose. They are repairing and making it better by putting new clamps on the hose and ordering me a new headliner.

Caderac posted in another thread that you have to remove the windshield to change the headliner. My service manager says NO, you just have to take out the front passenger seat. Otherwise, I would have told them to leave the headliner in.

Hopefully this repair will work and I won't have to replace the sunroof.

#67 ·
This past winter when I was having the windshield replaced on my 09 CTS I mentioned to the technician that water was coming in on the carpeting on the
front passengers side. He told me about the drain holes and blew compressed air in which unclogged it. About 6 months later the problem started again.
This time I tried some suggestions I read about but couldn't get them
to work. What I did which did work was to take a turkey baster and fill it with water. I squirted it at the hole and it unclogged the blockage.
What I also had that would have done the same thing was an old battery tester where you draw the fluid into the syringe. It won't work for the
rear drains because you can't get at the drain holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.