Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: change oil @ 1K?

lawnstripes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Srx/09 Cts/10 Cts V

change oil @ 1K?

Got a new 10 V. Are you guys changing the oil @ 1,ooo miles or going to the first scheduled change?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

Re: change oil @ 1K?

Engine really doesn't matter, it's really the tranny that needs some miles on it.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

^^ I changed ALL my fluids and filter to AMSOIL products at around 1500 miles. Some say it's a good idea to do this on a new vehicle, and some think it's not necessary. But in my case I felt it was cheap insurance on this CTS-V.

Rob

gonfishin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I had my differentail fluid changed and the oil earlier than scheduled maint.

I had the dealer swap out the rear diff fluid at 2K miles under warranty. There is a TSB for the noisy rear diff in case any of you want to take advantage of the TSB.

Engine and trans are still factory fill. I will change out my engine oil at 5K miles most likely as the factory GM oil filter highly loses it's filtration capabilities at 5K miles according to a GM dealer tech that opened up filters at all different mileage intervals and he showed me why you should never run the factory GM oil filter past 5K miles.

I won't be changing out the trans fluid as the GM Dexron VI is a very good synthetic fluid. I won't change the trans fluid until the service is actually needed.