Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I am officially a 2009 CTS-V owner! 56k=NO

8K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  neuronbob 
#1 ·
I purchased from Scott at Superior, one of this board's sponsors. He treated me extremely well and I would recommend anyone here or in my family to him. I looked at his list of incoming vehicles on this very board and called him on Tuesday. He said he had my preferred combo (Radiant Silver/Ebony) coming in THE NEXT DAY. :banana: We did the financing over the phone. I drove out early Friday...it's about 2 1/2 hours from Cleveland. The longest part of the deal was waiting for the used car appraiser to appraise my Acura RL....took a couple of hours. I got what I felt was a reasonable trade deal for the RL. I was rather nervous, as I always am when I purchase a car, but Scott did a good job of relieving the pressure.

Scott even allowed me to test drive the car to my satisfaction (just enough to warm up the tires, it was cold that day) prior to signing any paperwork...without prompting! Drove off the lot a much happier person. It's not every day one drives off in an affordable supercar.

But who cares about all that, you want pictures!

I have driven it over 300 miles so far and the experience is incredible. There is torque anywhere you need it. The fit and finish are awesome, as good as my RL, and that's saying something given the RL was built in Saitama, Japan, in one of Honda's best factories. The General has definitely come out with a fine product. I'll post a full review after a few weeks with the car, but I am NOT sorry I traded the RL, as much as I loved the SH-AWD (torque vectoring AWD made for wonderful handling in the dry).

"Sleeping Beauty", my RL

I have dubbed my V, "Silver Dragon".

The trip back from Brighton, MI....
Ohio Turnpike

Thank goodness for XM and CNN!

Time for a rest stop break!

The only interesting that happened on the Turnpike...

Almost home!

See less See more
#2 ·
Early this morning I took a bunch of pix in perfect lighting conditions...

Some interior shots

#3 ·
In the park near my house

The functional brake cooling port

More in the park

Save the environment? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mod #1: Transfer of my son's Britax Marathon car seat to the V. The ride is so smooth that my son slept on his first trip in the car. :)

#4 ·
This car will be my daily driver. The wife, my little boy, and I went grocery shopping today. The trunk is better configured than in my RL. I realize that seeing groceries in a supercar is not what most people expect, but this car will be one fast grocery-getter.

The key fob....alarm, keyless entry just like my RL, with the addition of remote start :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Thanks for the comments. I'll have to become a paying member around here as the site has been helpful from the time I joined--which was right after the new V was announced. I've been planning to buy one since then.

That's the new Forbes Park in Bedford Heights/Oakwood, just opened last fall. Are there V (or Caddy) meets around the Cleveland area? I'm attuned to the Honda/Acura scene and so don't know.

A global warming score of 1 !!! YES!! On a lighter note, could someone explain the green indicator light in the right instrument pod? Loved the pics - thanks.
I thought I'd get a chuckle out of the Global Warming Scale. :) My S2000 and wife's Pilot make up for the V.

The green light is the "headlight on" indicator.

#8 ·
Congrats on joining the very exclusive best sport sedan owners in the world club! :thumbsup:

I particularly love the "green" sticker. I think I'll proudly frame mine and display it in my shop!

#13 ·
Great Post. Thanks for the business.. I am glad you like it.. How fast have you had it?

#15 ·
It was a pleasure doing business with you. :thumbsup: I had one of those "I didn't know I was going that fast" moments on the Turnpike on the way home from you. I got into the third lane to pass and pushed lightly on the accelerator. I was suddenly at 105 mph the next time I looked down at the speedometer. :eek: I backed off immediately. This happened a few miles before the burning truck pictured above, so luckily the Highway Patrol had bigger fish to fry than me at that moment. I've learned to be more careful with the throttle.

I need to see whether I'm on call for the weekend of V-Days....I'd like to go so I can learn to control this car before its limits, without killing myself.

Congrats I'm picking up mine tomorrow :D.....although I wont have remote start :nono:
It took me a few seconds to figure that one out....only a few. One more reason to opt for an automatic over the 6MT V! :D

#16 ·
Congrats,... real nice. I picked mine up the beginning of this month. I looked at that color, but landed on Black Raven,... it was the only one out of the 3 my dealer had with a Manual 6 Speed. IMO, this is the best car purchase I've made so far. Got a feeling you feel the same way. When I started looking in earnest, I was fixed on the C63 AMG,... pretty normal for a C32 AMG driver. But once I drove the V,... well no contest.

Again,... congrats.

I'm hoping this board opens up a regional sub-section like on the Mercedes and BMW boards. That would help a lot in getting local V owners together.

G
#17 ·
Nice pictures! Congratulations on getting it! I cannot wait until I can get mine... I am chomping at the bit. I am down in Medina if you guys ever wanted to get together. If you ever go to dragway 42, it is about 15 minutes south of me.

#18 ·
I've heard of Dragway 42 but never been there. I'd love to go there sometime when it's warmer out than this.

#21 ·
Scott, do you a spot on location for burn outs? I will not do any, but if some one comes buy Thursday AM, I am willing to watch, while I sip your coffee, and figure out how to get back to Oregon. Mike Colbach, is going back via Vegas so as slow as I plan going home he
will be outta range, I am going to get that olde drummer and Mike Colbach to buy me dinner here in Portland.
They are just that kinda guys.

#25 ·
I just showed my wife the pictures with the baby seat in the back and the grocerys (I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old so I understand the two gallons of milk one 2% and one gallon of whole for the baby) but that may have convinced her that we can still use the V as a family car.

Congrats on your new V.

Dennis

#26 ·
Congrats on your purchase. Did you get the Recaro's? I am on the fence about getting them as I really like a fully optioned car but I am a big guy and concerned about the comfort. Did you get the GMS price? I test drive this car last week and I am counting the days until my Lexus lease expires and I can get behind the wheel.

#27 ·
Congrats! Nice to see one nearby me (Middleburg Hts.). We are going to Dragway 42 this July as usual for a friends "birthday at the track" day. Also, I throw an annual carshow in Middleburg June 28th. You are welcome to both if interested. I recommend Summit Motorsports Park though (Norwalk) for traction. Call me if you think you want to do Corsa mufflers too. Nice car.

#33 ·
This forum has proven to be quite a help for many people lately, congrats on your new ride. It looks awesome.

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.