2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brake Package in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Does anyone have details on the brake package that will be available? I know I saw some info here earlier, ...
- 12-04-08 02:23 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): Cadillac
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Does anyone have details on the brake package that will be available? I know I saw some info here earlier, but the info seemed to be more speculation. Is anyone out there able to answer a few questions. Thanks in advance.
1. What is the cost of the upgrade?
2. Is the upgrade for brakes only? or is it a performance package that includes some other things? (I heard one rumor the rear diff cooling package may be bundled with the brakes as a "performance package"
3. I have read a bit about slotted verses non-slotted, and how the venting may help on a track, but what does it do for me as a daily driver? Will I be replacing very expensive pads more or less often?
4. I plan on 5 or 6 track days a year. Is it a total waste of $$ and would I notice the difference as a novice driver?
5. Sorry this one is silly, but I'd still like your opinions. Will the bright red calipers look silly on a thunder grey with standard wheels? I picture a very stealthly looking profile in a classic grey color and these bright red things that would disturb the picture the way a great picture of smiling faces is ruined by "redeye". Am I crazy?
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Star Bits Socket Set
Stubby Star Bits Socket Set - 10 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Star Stubby Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27 & T-30,3/8" Drive: T-40, T-45,T-47 & T-50
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 19 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Ratchet Handle Set