Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

623K views 960 replies 396 participants last post by  Eric N. Spear 
#1 ·
#692 ·
Apparently a small sample cars are put through quality testing at the factory after being built. Took delivery with 27 miles on the odometer, so I figure it was driven 15-20 miles during the testing. My dealer thought I would be upset and apologized. I was OK with it as I know it's an important part of the manufacturing process. Plus, I know my new V should be perfect. :D

#694 ·
Bought mine about a month ago. 2009 6 speed manual, recaros, sunroof, polished wheels, suede steering wheel & shifter knob. One owner with only 15500 miles. The car is awesome. Also came with $2000+ 3M clear protection kit installed on panels all over the car. Had it tinted and added the rear window spoiler and led interior bulbs so far. Have an airaid intake and HID fogs on order now.

Attachments

#696 · (Edited)
... so I had grown tired of the HSV Senator (Aussie up-spec'd G8) and wanted to do something different that also gave me a GM V8 platform to continue developing products with. Although I had done a fair bit of research (lots from this forum), I did not really expect to make a purchase until later in the year, however; I had to spend a couple of weeks in California late-Feb/early-March and thought I should show my lovely wife the likely choice. Found a diamond-white in Torrance & went for a look, which became a test-drive. The sales guy tried the hard sell which just irritated me so I walked away. Next day, Feb 29th, he gives me a call (had to give my details to get the drive) and tries the sales-spin again. Brushed him off with the "don't really want it until April". Eventually I made him a bone cheap offer which he squealed at & I hung up. An hour later he calls back and we do the deal at $500 more than my rather offensive offer - I suspect he needed the sale in Feb.

I spent the last five days in USA driving around Ventura/Santa Barbara and up to San Francisco & back (coast road). SO MUCH FUN! I love that car.
Now the next phase begins ... bringing it to Aussie and converting it to right-hand-drive before submitting it for certification & road-worthy approval. I expect it will be about 9 months before I get to really enjoy driving it again, but I am certain it will be worth the wait.

I really appreciate the input given by so many to this forum - a great place for help. I look forward to being able to contribute in future.

Diamond White
Auto/DSG
Recaros
Sunroof
Wood-panel
Suede

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac cts

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Cadillac cts-v

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy119/Southways/DSC_8791.jpg
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy119/Southways/DSC_8793.jpg
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy119/Southways/DSC_9394.jpg
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy119/Southways/DSC_9400.jpg

Cheers ...

#697 · (Edited)
Hi everyone--first post here and a new owner.

Several Diamond White V's joining up lately on this thread, and now I'm one of them too!

2012 CTS-V in Diamond white w/all black interior, tinted windows, auto, black satin wheels, reverse camera, yellow calipers, suede wheel/shifter & Recaros...got a killer deal.

And my favorite "option"...NO SUNROOF :bouncy: I'm 6'4" so I needed the headroom, plus I didn't want to deal with all of the Ultra-View problems & potential issues. There seem to be pages and pages of complaints about that stupid roof. Couldn't believe they had this car in stock at my local dealer. The thing is a rush and I haven't gotten her past 3500rpm yet, lol.

Looking forward to enjoying the car. Glad to be a part of the community now.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Cadillac cts Motor vehicle

#699 ·
Hi everyone--first post here and a new owner.

Several Diamond White V's joining up lately on this thread, and now I'm one of them too!

2012 CTS-V in Diamond white w/all black interior, tinted windows, auto, black satin wheels, reverse camera, yellow calipers, suede wheel/shifter & Recaros...got a killer deal.

And my favorite "option"...NO SUNROOF :bouncy: I'm 6'4" so I needed the headroom, plus I didn't want to deal with all of the Ultra-View problems & potential issues. There seem to be pages and pages of complaints about that stupid roof. Couldn't believe they had this car in stock at my local dealer. The thing is a rush and I haven't gotten her past 3500rpm yet, lol.

Looking forward to enjoying the car. Glad to be a part of the community now.

View attachment 87945
right with ya there on the sunroof buddy. Best part is I would bet $$ the non-sunroof cars are RARE. When I went to the dealer today to remeber ~ much height it ads, there wasen't a single sunroof-less CTS on the lot. The only one they have is a loaner car, which was occupied.

#700 ·
Agreed & thank you!

right with ya there on the sunroof buddy. Best part is I would bet $$ the non-sunroof cars are RARE. When I went to the dealer today to remeber ~ much height it ads, there wasen't a single sunroof-less CTS on the lot. The only one they have is a loaner car, which was occupied.
I didn't realize how much extra head room the Ultra-View consumed until I sat in this car. My head or the top of my hair always brushes the roof of nearly every car I drive. In this car I have headroom to spare. I also do not push the driver's seat all the way back, even as tall as I am. I really like the extra space for it being a "midsize" car.

Drive it 100+ miles today. Couldn't help it. Very happy.

#702 · (Edited)
Re: Pics of *delivered* 09 Vs here

Hi All,
Just picked up my first Caddy yesterday! A 2012 CTS V Coupe in Black Diamond w/Recaros, and Suede wheel. I'm so happy with it! I had a really hard time deciding between the white and black diamond but the the black one had the Recaros so that was the deciding factor.
Already thinking of an exhaust and air intake. Will those two mods void the warranty?
Thanks,
Ben

Attachments

#703 ·
Re: Pics of *delivered* 09 Vs here

Hi All,
Just picked up my first Caddy yesterday! A 2012 CTS V Coupe in Black Diamond w/Recaros, and Suede wheel. I'm so happy with it! I had a really hard time deciding between the white and black diamond but the the black one had the Recaros so that was the deciding factor.
Already thinking of an exhaust and air intake. Will those two mods void the warranty?
Thanks,
Ben
Congrats! As for those 2 mods they will not void your warranty. Of course, if you have the worst dealer ever, they may try to play that card....

#706 ·
socal_v and brkvee..welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Vs. hope to see you on the streets sometime. wave and/or honk if you see a silver V w/ black rims.

brkvee..as far as your planned mods, you should be good w/ those w/o warranty issues. most dealers won't care unless you mess w/ the stock tune, but i would check with your dealer(s)..and Katie..first if you're worried.

#713 ·
Well....I've been lurking for a while! Researching what I wanted....ordered my new ride on February 10th. Picked up yesterday!

Opulent blue sedan
Suede wheel and shifter
Recaros
No ultra view
And polished wheels!!

Waiting on the finance guys....

Mine for good!!

Pics just don't do her justice

And from Lindsay! Amsome!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.