Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of *delivered* CTS-Vs here

623K views 960 replies 396 participants last post by  Eric N. Spear 
#1 ·
#193 ·
Re: Pics of *delivered* 09 Vs here

The radiant silver is not bad but what I've noticed in the cars I've seeing is a striping effect on the doors... like the robot was painting up and down... in stripe sections.. is this what your referring to? Its tought to see but once pointed out.. you'll notice.

#194 ·

The radiant silver is not bad but what I've noticed in the cars I've seeing is a striping effect on the doors... like the robot was painting up and down... in stripe sections.. is this what your referring to? Its tought to see but once pointed out.. you'll notice.
Not to flame anybody's favorite color or paint option, but what I noticed when i was looking for a '09 was the silver to me did not look brilliant unless it was freshly waxed & cleaned. Looks beautiful freshly washed, cleaned, & waxed.
The white was worse. I looked at several whites out here in Kali, and every one that I looked at looked bad on the >passenger side<, could see the blue undercoat coming through in spots on both the front & rear shotgun sidedoors.
I found a Thunder grey, solid roof and bought it. But white is my favorite color, and I was heartbroken after what I saw on those. I was even afraid to order a '10 white after that.

#195 ·

Keep in mind there are two silvers... one is supposedly the RADIANT (which I fell in love with when seeing it sitting in a showroom floor) and then a QuickSilver which is a little more dull (to put it plainly). But I go agree, there does seem to be variation in them. I always keep my glowing nice and shiny! LOL!

#196 ·

I have NOT noticed any paint problems on my Radiant Silver. I looked it over pretty carefully.

The reason that I got it in Silver was that I didnt really care for that shiny plastic grill and it seems to be less noticeable with the Silver exterior paint.

#197 ·

NYND, there is only ONE silver available on the CTS and V, and that is Radiant Silver. For some reason, it seems to be pretty variable in appearance, with some looking great, and others looking dull as dirt. I had an '09 loaner in Radiant, and it was unfortunately the latter. My '08 CTS was Lt. Platinum, which has a hint more brown than Radiant. It had a lot of shimmer and depth and really looked like molten platinum, and I liked it a lot. It held up well when it was dirty, too.

Radiant has an advantage of being one the the two colors that is no extra charge, but with it's variability I wouldn't accept one unless I saw it first.

#198 ·

Warchild I live in Noth Texas..and yes it's the law regarding a front plate. But, to date "knock on wood" after 2.5 years with my 08 Z06 (no front plate) and now my 09 CTS-V Caddy (no front plate) I'm holding my breathe...again ,"knock on wood".

I just don't like the look of a plate out front. I do keep it in the trunk of my car and I'll mount it if I have to. I have driven, many times coming down the street(s) towards me, local L.E.O's and had no issues. I'm quite sure if they wanted to they would pull me over. I try not give reason to. Time will tell.

#199 · (Edited)

Quicksilver was a color name designation for the corvettes along in the C5 genre, at least on the '02 Z06's & standard vettes, I believe.

Liking the hue, tint, or shade of a particular color, or any color for that matter, is a matter of personal preference or taste.
Poor paint quality, such as the base coat showing through on the >Diamond whites< that I have seen on mainly the >passenger< side of the CTS-V's, CST's, & >Escalades<, and i don't know what other models, well that's poor paint quality control and basically shame of GM for that. That's just the thinking process of a major corporation thinking that we are so much in love with the CTS-V's that we will buy the >car< with a poor paint job, that's BS. I didn't, you may or decline as you see fit.

#200 ·

I am the process of possibly getting a V2 ine either a new/used '09 or a new '10 ordered to my specs.
I have a Quicksilver '06 GTO which has a pretty evenly applied metallics and looks great waxed up.
Lt. Platinum appears to be darker than Radiant Silver and also appears to have more depth. I wonder if Radiant Silver is too light and doesn't have enough body or color to it?
GM has a problem painting certain colors ,Silver is one of them and Pearl White is REALLY one of them. Almost always splotchy with color and metallics in clumps then areas with less metallics in them.

My concern is that if I order a '10 V2 in radiant silver and it doesn't come in with a properly applied paint job the only relief that factory will probably give is that they will repaint that area. I don't want paintwork on my new car. Silver is hard to match and it will devalue it later on.

pontiac repainted the gas cap on my '06 and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's funny. I never hear or see improperly applied paint on a Lexus. Their Pearls are perfect.

#201 ·

I am the process of possibly getting a V2 ine either a new/used '09 or a new '10 ordered to my specs.
I have a Quicksilver '06 GTO which has a pretty evenly applied metallics and looks great waxed up.
Lt. Platinum appears to be darker than Radiant Silver and also appears to have more depth. I wonder if Radiant Silver is too light and doesn't have enough body or color to it?
GM has a problem painting certain colors ,Silver is one of them and Pearl White is REALLY one of them. Almost always splotchy with color and metallics in clumps then areas with less metallics in them.

My concern is that if I order a '10 V2 in radiant silver and it doesn't come in with a properly applied paint job the only relief that factory will probably give is that they will repaint that area. I don't want paintwork on my new car. Silver is hard to match and it will devalue it later on.

pontiac repainted the gas cap on my '06 and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's funny. I never hear or see improperly applied paint on a Lexus. Their Pearls are perfect.
Actually, your problem with the paint matching would be worse than that. GM would not do anything other than authorize a dealer to re-paint the local area, and if you think that your chances were bad the first time with an all GM paint job, wait till you try the second time with a dealer paint rework.

What you are thinking possible is exactly what drove me to choose a '09 showroom fresh solid roof, thunder grey >car< rather than order a >diamond white< '10 model of my choice. Good luck in your decision.

#203 ·

I believe that they charge about $ 950 over on all of the metallic paints which is anything other than silver and black, and i am only guessing on the silver not being a metallic. Not to make light of someone else's unfortunate experience with exactly what you are considering, but this might help in your decision process.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...009/176547-first-bad-cadillac-experience.html

Again, good luck with your decision.

#204 ·

Radiant Silver is metallic, but no extra charge. Thunder Gray, White Diamond, Crystal Red, and Blue Ice are $995 extra. Black Ice, a 2009 only color is $495. New for '10 on regular CTSs is Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair, which is also $995. Gold Mist is also a free metallic on CTSs, as is Black Cherry.

#205 ·

Radiant Silver is metallic, but no extra charge. Thunder Gray, White Diamond, Crystal Red, and Blue Ice are $995 extra. Black Ice, a 2009 only color is $495. New for '10 on regular CTSs is Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair, which is also $995. Gold Mist is also a free metallic on CTSs, as is Black Cherry.
Black Ice on an 09 CTS-V? Never heard of that color option. :hmm:

Black Raven yes, at no charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.