Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Staying stock ..... or modding to hell and back?

• Staying bone stock forever

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Staying stock until warranty is up

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Just wheels and tint, other appearance mods

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I'll do some modding as long as I can keep my warranty (exhaust, etc)

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Forget warranty, I want more power! Mod hell here I come

Votes: 13 29.5%

Staying Stock......or modding to hell and back?

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  robthide 
#1 ·
I'm curious about what your plans are for your 2009 V. I am excited to see some serious modding in this forum once these cars start getting delivered!

1. Staying bone stock forever
2. Staying stock until warranty is up
3. Just wheels and tint, other appearance mods
4. I'll do some modding as long as I can keep my warranty (exhaust, etc)
5. Forget warranty, I want more power! Mod hell here I come!

#4 ·
Warranty? What's this "warranty" thing you speak of? :D
war⋅ran⋅ty   /n. ˈwɔrənti, ˈwɒr-; v. ˌwɔrənˈti, ˌwɒr-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [n. wawr-uhn-tee, wor-; v. wawr-uhn-tee, wor-] Show IPA Pronunciation
noun, plural -ties, verb, -tied, -ty⋅ing.

1. an act or an instance of warranting; assurance; authorization; warrant. Law2.

2. something to be voided if I so much as change the tire size.

3. a written contract that is ignored by the Area Service Manager and Service Manager

4. something the dealership holds in one hand and bitch slaps you with the other hand

#6 ·
#8 ·
Chris,
You know we luv ya, just can't get comfy with that Taxicab you drive-JFWY!!!!

Back on topic, why mod it, except for exhaust and tune which may get you to 600bhp. It is the total package, buy a V1 and go 440ci with TTs if you want mad power. Of course you can always disprove everyone and figure out a way to complete a pulley swap to get you way past 600,,,

#12 ·
V2 is a much more powerful vehicle than the V1, but you are probably right, as if I got the V2 it would not stay stock. I do think the motor and SC on the V2 are sufficient, no need to mess with either, except for the pulley swap temptation.

#10 ·
hey all i am e newbie had v1 and have v2 on order and have agood source at eaton that says the pulley is a press on unit,meaning it will come of with a removal tool.as soon as the car comes in i am making a smaller pulley.will keep you informed oh yeah i have all the dimensions of the stock pulley and supercharger snout and you can go smaller.:duck:

#11 ·
:alright:

It looks at least some of you are planning on doing some cool stuff, I am looking forward to see what you can pull out of this car.

#19 ·
Pulley Tune and exhaust and maybe in future put big pulley on and run compound boost. Block should handle more then ls3 and they push 7 to 800 without a problem as long as tune is safe will be fine and same goes for pistons. Don't get greedy keep it rich and you will never blow it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.