Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Mercedez L. 
#1 ·
Production starts today. The plant is on high alert to closely monitor the build. These cars will be sweet! Keep the orders coming in. Thanks to all of you that are buying these speical vehicles.

#4 · (Edited)
Wait a second:

We know the price, and it's awesome. The reviews of the car are phenomenal. Now the production is starting on the exact date that Dualcams and I have been saying? This is outrageous- what is everyone going to get mad about now??? There must be something....... :lol:

Thanks for the update, Dualcams. Bring on the Vs!!! :lildevil:

#8 ·
Wait a second:

We know the price, and it's awesome. The reviews of the car are phenomenal. Now the production is starting on the exact date that Dualcams and I have been saying? This is outrageous- what is everyone going to get mad about now??? There must be something....... :lol:

Thanks for the update, Dualcams. Bring on the Vs!!! :lildevil:
tony--if I give you my order number--can you track production for me?? My dealership--while very helpful--is saying they don't have info that is already public on this forum. They did tell me-howoever- that when I drive to Monticello on the 8th of Novemebr--there is a strong chance it will be in my new V.

#6 ·
The exact prices for the options haven't been posted on the GM Dealer site yet. According to my ordering guide, the initial plan to "package" the options did not pan out, as they are all listed individually now.

-Navigation
-Recaro seats
-Suede steering wheel and shifter
-Polished Wheels
-Ultraview sunroof

Most of those options are offered on the base CTS at two different price points, dependent on whether or not they're ordered in a package. I would assume that they'll be offered at he the lower of the two prices on the V, meaning $2,145 for Nav, $900 for Ultraview and $900 for Polished Wheels. The Recaros will likely be about $3,400, and the suede wheel and shifter ought to be about $400-500, making the total list of options approximately $8,000.

#17 ·
1. you guys here in 09 need to pony up and support this place
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

2. you guys asking for dual's help should pony up and donate to get him a badge.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/billspaypal.php

PM me after donation.

hey Urbs. Just tried PMing you three times--gives some BS message about security token--and I tried it from my work computer and home computer so its not on this end. Anyway--just made a donation.

Mike (srt8/bmw)

#20 ·
Thank you for the update! I'm trying to get together the funds needed to make a substantial down payment on a V right now.

#21 ·
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

:party::mediumbanana:

#24 ·
Production started on my 20th wedding anniversary? Same day that my SRT-8 blew it's rear differential? WTF?! If that's not an omen I don't know what is.

#25 ·
The V build is going very well. We are batch and holding the cars to recheck our quality. I have not seen any issues that are major and it seems like the quality it at the World Class level that I like. Lots of black cars. We are going to build 2000 in this block of V's expecting to be completed in mid Nov.

#27 ·
I saw a silver one on the highway last week. I was in the left lane and it pulled up right behind me. It was dark out and I thought it was a regular CTS from the headlights. I changed my lane and it pulled up right next to me. Man was I shocked when I saw the V badge on the door.

#34 ·
The fastest I've ever seen a car go from production to the lot is 10 days. I'm sure they're going to be putting a little extra QC effort into these first cars to ensure A+ quality, so I'd expect to see the first cars hit lots sometime in early November.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.