Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Will Dealers Allow Test Drives?

6K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  concorso 
#1 ·
When the V1 first appeared, Cadillac dealers did not allow test drives. Buy on specs alone. Can we expect the same policy with the V2?

#10 ·
If the car is already spoken for, a test drive is absolutely out of the question. Our technicians are required to test drive all new cars before we sell them to check for quality, tire balance and operation, but they never hot-rod them. I'll be calling several of my customers who are "on the fence" about the new V to come in and look at Chris's when it comes in, but sitting in it or driving it is strictly out of the question.

As far as units that are actually being offered for sale, I recommend dressing halfway decent and acting professional. I'm not speaking specifically about myself, but I will tell you that most Salespeople or Managers are less likely to let a person who looks like a joyrider take the keys to a 556hp car- here's what can happen when joyriders test drive fast cars: Audi R8 in a canal

If you drive up in a decent car and act like a serious buyer, most places should be happy to let you take it for a drive. If you pull up in a crappy Civic wearing dirty jeans and say "Grab the keys to that V- let's go see what this baby'll do!!!", you might not be so successful.

#11 ·
If the car is already spoken for, a test drive is absolutely out of the question. Our technicians are required to test drive all new cars before we sell them to check for quality, tire balance and operation, but they never hot-rod them. I'll be calling several of my customers who are "on the fence" about the new V to come in and look at Chris's when it comes in, but sitting in it or driving it is strictly out of the question.
Thats right you can look all you want but you are not getting in or taking a ride in my 09 with out me...:yup:

Man I can't wait...:cloud9:

#13 ·
I hear you brother. Prior to getting into Auto sales I ran my own retail store in Orlando and made great money, but I had a ponytail and tattoos that showed in a T-Shirt. The same people who would fall all over themselves helping me when I was in my tie would follow me like a shoplifter when I had my hair down and my ink showing. I didn't mean to imply that prequalifying someone based on appearance is fair or right, just that it happens.

Every time a hot new performance car comes out, Dealers are inundated by joyriders who have no intention of buying, but just want to go peel out in someone else's car. The truth is that most Salespeople and Managers take your appearance into account when deciding whether or not you're one of those people, as well as whether to hand over the keys to a $60,000 vehicle. I wasn't implying that everyone who can afford one is going to go shopping in Armani, just that it couldn't hurt to toss on a golf shirt instead of the wifebeater before heading in to take a test drive.

#18 ·
I'm not saying who, because they might get into some kind of trouble, but a local dealership has already offered me the chance to swap my STS-V for a day to drive an 09 CTS-V and see what I think of it. Now this will certainly be after all initial orders a filled and they have a car to do it with, but still a fair gesture.

#21 ·
I bought my V at Ed Morse Sawgrass, they let me and my biz partner test drive it-he was heavier on the pedal than me. I bought mine there, just not that one:sneaky:.
If I could not test drive a car, I would not consider buying it. I saw a show on SpeedTV where Mekhi Phifer, he was a doc on ER (died a few weeks back) got to test drive a Ferrari 599 GTB for about an hour (he bought the car), not sure if they would let me do so,,,

BTW, Tony, I spoke to Chris today, he will be out of town when his car is delivered, so he asked me to pick it up, much grasses senor!

#24 ·
BTW, Tony, I spoke to Chris today, he will be out of town when his car is delivered, so he asked me to pick it up, much grasses senor!
:rofl::rofl::rofl: That was a good one Darren. But again if you want to get in my 09 I am going to have to be there.
It will be watched...:bananasplit:

#28 ·
#27 ·
Gotcha covered, Chris.

Those dudes are weaker than circus lemonade:thehand:, two-hit fight, I biotch slap 'em and they hit the ground. I will be there soon, make sure Chris's V2 is shiny and purdy!!!, oh, and a full tank of 101 octane would be gracious.

#30 ·
Woot! Woot! Everyone is invited, Tony is paying first-class airfares, six-star hotels, some of that there Filet Mignon, 21-year scotch and drifting in Chris's V2!!! It will be a great time courtesy of Plaza Cadillac----TONY ROCKS!!!

#31 ·
Woot! Woot! Everyone is invited, Tony is paying first-class airfares, six-star hotels, some of that there Filet Mignon, 21-year scotch and drifting in Chris's V2!!! It will be a great time courtesy of Plaza Cadillac----TONY ROCKS!!!

It is now getting directly shipped to my house...:yup: But we can still have a party at my house as long as Tony is buying...:thumbsup:

#36 ·
Sorry to go off topic and back to the V... :) Id have no problems buying a car thats allready been test driven by the dealer, as long as I trust the salesmen when he says it hasnt been beaten too badly... I mean, its almost hypicritical of me to say that I demand a test drive before purchase, but the car I purchase better not have been test driven. :)

Back to sequins!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.