15K views 152 replies 37 participants last post by  CIWS 
#1 ·
#36 ·
u havent said that since ur 1st time..and that was back when u were a size 6

#37 ·
wait, what? :suspense:

#38 ·
Oh Oh New V Has Major Competition

I was really excited about the New V coming out. I had my mind and heart set at getting one of these bad boys. But then I heard of the NISSAN GT-R coming out at the same time as the new V. We are talking about a 70k supercar that does 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds and 1/4 mile in 11.6. This is STOCKKKK!!!! plus it is an awd twin turbo and there is a lot of room for tuning and modifying the car. This is the new Skyline and unfortunately it will probably woop the new V. Below is a link to the youtube review. Sorry to spoil your excitement of the New V coming out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8

#42 ·
Re: Oh Oh New V Has Major Competition

How is this competition for the V??? Does the V compete against the 911 as well???

If you just heard about the GT-R (which is actually already here), well that speaks volumes.
This is not competition for the V at all...M5/Audi/Benz etc are...not the GT-R.:ill:

But you are right about the GT-R in one asspect...it will kick some :D

#41 ·

Impressive numbers, but I wonder if the US models will be scaled back any due to smog or some other restrictive law(s) For those who remember, the Mitsubishi Evolution VIII was scaled back quite a bit on the US models... will the same happen to Nissan's GTR?

#45 ·
Re: Uh Oh the GT-R has major competition...

yea im sure you will be seeing that on the street. Im comparing a car thats priced the same as a new V and is coming out at the same time. Great post here thats why the only comment you got is from me. I dont understand the point you are trying to make either.

#49 ·

yea im sure you will be seeing that on the street. Im comparing a car thats priced the same as a new V and is coming out at the same time. Great post here thats why the only comment you got is from me. I dont understand the point you are trying to make either.
The reason you're the only one to post is because it applies to you. And your goofball comparison. The GT-R is going to cost near the ZR-1 and R8 in real world pricing, in which the GT-R is actually to compete against, not the V. So go post in the Chevy and Audi forums, ummkay?:alchi:

#46 ·

I understand what you mean when you are saying that the GT-R is not directly in competition with the V. BUTTTT the way I look at it is that the GT-R is priced the same as the V and it is a mass produced street legal car and therefore in my opinion it is a threat for the V. I know that the V targets the M5, E63, C63 etc. All I am trying to say is that I rather spend the same $ and get an AWD car with many advance features for the same price as a V and it will blow the V away. SO ITS NOT DIRECT COMPETITION BUT ITS A HUGE THREAT. I AM NOW CONSIDERING THE NISSAN AS OPPOSED TO THE V. This car is much more appealing to me.

#50 ·

I understand what you mean when you are saying that the GT-R is not directly in competition with the V. BUTTTT the way I look at it is that the GT-R is priced the same as the V and it is a mass produced street legal car and therefore in my opinion it is a threat for the V. I know that the V targets the M5, E63, C63 etc. All I am trying to say is that I rather spend the same $ and get an AWD car with many advance features for the same price as a V and it will blow the V away. SO ITS NOT DIRECT COMPETITION BUT ITS A HUGE THREAT. I AM NOW CONSIDERING THE NISSAN AS OPPOSED TO THE V. This car is much more appealing to me.
Sure, there are a few people who are just looking for a fast car and that's it. But most who want the V want a fast SEDAN. Otherwise, why spend the money on a V when a Vette will be faster? So the GT-R will be a minor threat. A MINISCULE threat. Think out your words a little better next time...

#47 · (Edited)

Then go buy one- just be prepared for a $20k over MSRP "bend over and take it" charge from the Dealer. I wouldn't switch from a V8 Luxury/Muscle Hybrid to a boy racer V6 no matter how many turbos or videogame readouts it has, but there's an ass for every seat.

#52 ·

Then go buy one- just be prepared for a $20k over MSRP "bend over and take it" charge from the Dealer. I wouldn't switch from a Hybrid to a boy racer V6 no matter how many turbos or videogame readouts it has, but there's an ass for every seat.
Right I dont disagree but many dealers will also mark up the V. "Sometimes its not what you know but who you know" Lets wait and see when the V perfromance numbers come out then we can compare "the boy racer V6: to the "V8 Luxury/Muscle". Unfortunately I love the V and own one now. But the faster the better for me. They are saying that the GTR beats the porsche twin turbo and the Z06 on the track. Not bad for 70 g's. And I dont know why you guys are being so defensive, I am just stating my opinion in liking the GTR.

#48 ·

The GT-R's MSRP is 70K, dealer markup is 15-20K to get you one. If you want a badass coupe for less money buy a 08+ C6 corvette and mod it. Even with just a mild cam/ headers with a tune they're making 495-500rwhp. I saw the GT-R this weekend at the auto show and it looked badass, but not 90K badass. Plus it's not a sedan which is what I need as a DD. :)

#54 · (Edited)

I'm sick of the whole Internet comparing the GT-R to every car known to man, no matter how ridiculous the comparison- "O mi gawd- GT-R totally pwns the new Flying Spur!!111!!!1" There's no need to "Wait for the V numbers", as no one is looking at the two against each other (except you, apparently). I have no doubt it won't be as fast as the GT-R, because Cadillac's benchmark to beat is the M5 and E63 AMG. A 4 door luxury sedan with a huge V8 and tons of luxury versus a 2 door coupe with a high revving Turbo V6 and digital readouts from the Gran Turismo guy do not make the most intelligent comparison. People looking for the fastest car they can get don't normally care about luxury and will be looking at Z06s and Vipers- that's who the GT-R is going after.

There's also plenty of two door cars out there that will rip up a racetrack that don't need hosts of computer nannies to do the driving for you, look better than a GT-R AND cost tons less. Several reviewers have described the experience as numb, almost boring in how little effect the driver input has in the GT-R. So it's a great rolling demo for computer driver aids- whoopie. The car is like a well designed appliance- does the job, but has no soul.

*edited to add the following*

Let me add that I have no problem with you, but you just happened to be the 8,975,456th person to start a GT-R thread on a non-Nissan forum and I just snapped.

#55 ·

There has been a million threads comparing the GTR to the 911 turbo, but this one is very interesting. You might as well have posted this in the escalade forum, because the GTR has nothing to do with the V. (period)

If you want fast and thats all you care about, buy a Hayabusa and fix that up. I don't think that anyone here feels that the GTR is threatening the integrity of the CTS.

#56 ·

Nope not for me. I need to put 2 car seats in the back. How does it compare now? It doesn't. Heck I would rather a C6Z and a shot of NAWZZZZZ (Nitrous Oxide) if I was in the market for fast 2 seater. Just saying. It really doesn't do much for me other than scream Boy Racer with daddies wallet.

#60 ·

Nope not for me. I need to put 2 car seats in the back. How does it compare now? It doesn't. Heck I would rather a C6Z and a shot of NAWZZZZZ (Nitrous Oxide) if I was in the market for fast 2 seater. Just saying. It really doesn't do much for me other than scream Boy Racer with daddies wallet.
Last time I checked the GTR was a 4 seater

#57 ·

As has already been said, there will be very few people to cross-shop the two cars. Add to that the GTR is going to be very limited production with most of the first year's allotment already spoken for and I see very little in the way of competition for the V.

Having said that, there are rumors of an Infiniti badged sedan getting the GT-R powerplant as a 2010 model. If that comes to fruition then and only then will NMC have a V competitor.

#59 ·

Please do not post on the Chevy boards. There are 88 GT-R threads posted there and they have been posting for months. They are the same kind of threads as the other one here and its almost as if Nissan is paying people to go on boards and talk the car up. Not saying the poster here is getting paid. i didn't even bother to look at any of his other posts, just saying that a lot of GT-R threads on all boards are now suspected spam.

#62 ·

Please do not post on the Chevy boards. There are 88 GT-R threads posted there and they have been posting for months. They are the same kind of threads as the other one here and its almost as if Nissan is paying people to go on boards and talk the car up. Not saying the poster here is getting paid. i didn't even bother to look at any of his other posts, just saying that a lot of GT-R threads on all boards are now suspected spam.
I bet Blackout is behind them...

#66 ·

I saw one of dem dere fancy right hand drivers on the track once. He blew his rear all over the place and stopped our session. CSP3000 was there(Moroso). So, there is some competition as far as that goes.....
It says it will be a fast car and I like fast but its not for me. I load my car up and do things. My surfboards fit inside the front seat(laid back of course). I have put the back seats down opened the trunk and caught some good naps back there. Gimme a blue tarp and I'm campin'. The V can hold a lot of stuff.
I also wonder who will be buying this car. Hardcore racers can do a lot more with 70K. It seems a little high schoolish(I know that doesn't really make sense). If parents are buying these for the kids, I hope they include some driving lessons and track days.

#74 ·

KidHummer, you mentioned that you'd hate to pull up to a light and have a GT-R next to you. This only matters if you're main priority is racing. But to anyone who has an...adult life to deal with, the V makes much more sense.

GT-R = faster...maybe...as long as you keep the computer aids on...
CTSV2 = sexier, better sounding (yes thats a fact, not an opinion), classier, roomier, more comfortable, and will get you alot more respect on a road course.

The simple fact that every fanboy thinks the GT-R is the best thing since sliced bread and plumbing, is enough to deter me.

Hell, Id rather a 335i Coupe then a GT-R. Im sure $20k in mods on the BMW would make it an incredible track car. And it would be a helluva lot sexier and cooler then a GT-R.

#82 ·

KidHummer, you mentioned that you'd hate to pull up to a light and have a GT-R next to you. This only matters if you're main priority is racing. But to anyone who has an...adult life to deal with, the V makes much more sense.

GT-R = faster...maybe...as long as you keep the computer aids on...
CTSV2 = sexier, better sounding (yes thats a fact, not an opinion), classier, roomier, more comfortable, and will get you alot more respect on a road course.

The simple fact that every fanboy thinks the GT-R is the best thing since sliced bread and plumbing, is enough to deter me.

Hell, Id rather a 335i Coupe then a GT-R. Im sure $20k in mods on the BMW would make it an incredible track car. And it would be a helluva lot sexier and cooler then a GT-R.
I have this feeling that you cannot even afford an old cts base model. You should go post on the matchbox or hot wheels toy car forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.